Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

SIZE SPROCKET AND REAR TIRE COMBO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sit and read all the different opinions and size combinations and want to actually get an accurate combo and why. I am 240 and run a 13 tooth in front and 20" razr 2's and love the low end snap for tight trails and rocks, and this weekend with dagirl i rode in the sand with same combo and it was FN awesome! You need lower grunt to get your ass movin and my combo did that, yet i still smoked my friend on his raptor and a couple other quads with sand tires. So my opinion is based on real life , and would like to see everyones else. Thanks!:thanks:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I run 13t and 22" Razr. I also use the same kinda set up for the sand... except with 22" Sand Stars on 12" rims. I like the low end grunt with the 13t but wanted to keep a decent top end so stayed with 22". This combo works quite well for me on tight technical trails and wide open fire roads here in California. I won 4 of 5 races at Pismo... lined up with ANY quad. The only race I lost was to a pair of way built Banchees.... but not by as much as you'd think.
BTW - I'm at 170-175 depending on number of cheese burgers that week and have EHS/Barker big 3.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
22" Razr rears, Barker/EHS/Uni and prefer the 13T. I have done quite a bit of testing on the 13T and 14T with my set up and found top speed to be 83mph and 86mph respectivley, but not much difference in acceleration to 75mph. I love the feel of the 13T. For me it makes first perfect for crawling and third spot on for the trails I generally ride. I would really like to try 20" rears though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22" Razr rears, Barker/EHS/Uni and prefer the 13T. I have done quite a bit of testing on the 13T and 14T with my set up and found top speed to be 83mph and 86mph respectivley, but not much difference in acceleration to 75mph. I love the feel of the 13T. For me it makes first perfect for crawling and third spot on for the trails I generally ride. I would really like to try 20" rears though.
Thats the setup i had, but ill never switch after using the 20's with a 13. Your just always in the rpms to nail it and go. I know alot of people worry about 3 mph top speed, but in the trails , where ya going? into a tree? or a revene? a rock? lol its a 700! Plenty of speed and power. Even on the sand it was awesome. just my .02!!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'm currently running the 13tooth with stock rears (22s, right?). But I'm getting ready to throw the 12 tooth on there, I think, so maybe that's similar to the 13 tooth/20s combo.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I will always be running 22" rears, unless someone come out with a 20" tire for a 11" wheel. I feel the stock 14 tooth sprocket is the smallest front I will run. Once I dig into the motor, I will be running a 15 tooth front for faster stuff, and the the 14 front for slower stuff. So my other option is not listed in the poll, 15 front with 22" tires.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I run 20x11x10 Kendas but put on a 10x8 and 8-10 psi run at just under 22" overall diameter. I would like to know what you guys running 20" tyres , what size and make you are running. I would love to run a true 20" rear. :D
Oh and a 13t sprocket.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm runnin 12 front 40 rr 23 up front 22 rrs love it does about 55 60 plenty fast for me real rocky here thinkin about leavin it alone for glamis just grab a gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:xx:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run 20x11x10 Kendas but put on a 10x8 and 8-10 psi run at just under 22" overall diameter. I would like to know what you guys running 20" tyres , what size and make you are running. I would love to run a true 20" rear. :D
Oh and a 13t sprocket.
razr 2"s and who makes the 10x8 rim?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.