Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

SIZE SPROCKET AND REAR TIRE COMBO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sit and read all the different opinions and size combinations and want to actually get an accurate combo and why. I am 240 and run a 13 tooth in front and 20" razr 2's and love the low end snap for tight trails and rocks, and this weekend with dagirl i rode in the sand with same combo and it was FN awesome! You need lower grunt to get your ass movin and my combo did that, yet i still smoked my friend on his raptor and a couple other quads with sand tires. So my opinion is based on real life , and would like to see everyones else. Thanks!:thanks:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I run 13t and 22" Razr. I also use the same kinda set up for the sand... except with 22" Sand Stars on 12" rims. I like the low end grunt with the 13t but wanted to keep a decent top end so stayed with 22". This combo works quite well for me on tight technical trails and wide open fire roads here in California. I won 4 of 5 races at Pismo... lined up with ANY quad. The only race I lost was to a pair of way built Banchees.... but not by as much as you'd think.
BTW - I'm at 170-175 depending on number of cheese burgers that week and have EHS/Barker big 3.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
22" Razr rears, Barker/EHS/Uni and prefer the 13T. I have done quite a bit of testing on the 13T and 14T with my set up and found top speed to be 83mph and 86mph respectivley, but not much difference in acceleration to 75mph. I love the feel of the 13T. For me it makes first perfect for crawling and third spot on for the trails I generally ride. I would really like to try 20" rears though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22" Razr rears, Barker/EHS/Uni and prefer the 13T. I have done quite a bit of testing on the 13T and 14T with my set up and found top speed to be 83mph and 86mph respectivley, but not much difference in acceleration to 75mph. I love the feel of the 13T. For me it makes first perfect for crawling and third spot on for the trails I generally ride. I would really like to try 20" rears though.
Thats the setup i had, but ill never switch after using the 20's with a 13. Your just always in the rpms to nail it and go. I know alot of people worry about 3 mph top speed, but in the trails , where ya going? into a tree? or a revene? a rock? lol its a 700! Plenty of speed and power. Even on the sand it was awesome. just my .02!!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'm currently running the 13tooth with stock rears (22s, right?). But I'm getting ready to throw the 12 tooth on there, I think, so maybe that's similar to the 13 tooth/20s combo.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I will always be running 22" rears, unless someone come out with a 20" tire for a 11" wheel. I feel the stock 14 tooth sprocket is the smallest front I will run. Once I dig into the motor, I will be running a 15 tooth front for faster stuff, and the the 14 front for slower stuff. So my other option is not listed in the poll, 15 front with 22" tires.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I run 20x11x10 Kendas but put on a 10x8 and 8-10 psi run at just under 22" overall diameter. I would like to know what you guys running 20" tyres , what size and make you are running. I would love to run a true 20" rear. :D
Oh and a 13t sprocket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.