Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticing alot of guys are running 22" or 23" tires out front when the stock size is 21". I'm just wondering the pros and cons of the bigger tire. Thanks for your opinions....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ground clearance, looks, unsprung weight, and handling are the major differences. Everyone will have a different opinion on the handling. It all depends on where you ride, how you want it to feel, and what size you got on the back. I like my 23s and my 21s.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I run 22's and like them. They soak up the rough stuff a little better too.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think the 23's make the front sit up too high for my liking. 23" front and 22" rear is really a desert setup. I prefer 21" front and 20" rears for the woods.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It all depends on youre frame ride height. You can run 23" rears and 18" fronts and make it handle. I aim for the same tyre diameter front and rear. It works best for me . IMO.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I just got a set of 22's for the front. I herd 23's would work with nerfs, but I dont think they will. Atleast not with Honda factory nerfs, cause the 22's dont leave much clearance at all. I think the 22's front and back look sweet!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys...I think I will go to 22's on the front next time around. Anybody know where to get some factory style 11" rims for the back. Idealy I would like my set of Kutters and some mud tires as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts