Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what everyone uses in the way of fuel additives...??

wondering about products like.....Aces, Seafoam, Lucas, ..etc....?

Do you add each tank, or less often??

Thanks in advance:yay:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I use to run Lucas cylinder lubricant in my fuel, Now that I run VP fuel I don't use anything.
Were there any additives in particular your wondering about?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel treatment b/c they have ethanol in the gas up here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a boat/outboard..............and all the talk with the engine is the
ETHANOL.........and what killer it is when left to set for a while...2 weeks or so..........Heck, my small engine shop that i get mowers and stuff worked on says that his business had BOOMED.......literally, since the introduction of ETHANOL..........The marine industry seems fixed on using Sta-bil marine formula and Star-Tron.....
So ETHANOL would be one reason to pick everyone's brain about fuel additives....

and of course number 2 would be PERFORMANCE improvers....like Aces, Seafoam...etc.....

Just wanting some thoughts or real world experience before i start logging hours on a new engine.
thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Octane boosters is your #1 scam of all additives, Do not ever consider this worthy of your money.

Seafoam is actually quite good at what it's marketed as, You should only need to run this once a year or so though.

Ethanol!!!!!! Ethanol is 100% safe for the XX. Older engines (Pre 1999) can exp trouble with this. All newer engines are built with compatible material and should not give you any trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Octane boosters is your #1 scam of all additives, Do not ever consider this worthy of your money.

Seafoam is actually quite good at what it's marketed as, You should only need to run this once a year or so though.

Ethanol!!!!!! Ethanol is 100% safe for the XX. Older engines (Pre 1999) can exp trouble with this. All newer engines are built with compatible material and should not give you any trouble.
I know I posted on this in another thread, and people have said this. It wasn't necessarily the ethanol that will cause the problems, it is the phase seperation the ethanol does with water. After the thread, I checked into it in great detail. A lot of things are set up for ethanol, but due to the phase seperation, that wont help them. I got this from the guys on the site, and from my local mechanic, b/c they had a brand new Rubicon in the shop with engine damage, and I brought up the fact how these newly designed machines are suppose to accept ethanol, with the rubber lines and everything so they won't break down, and he said it was all due to the phase seperation, and that ethanol is safe, just not when it is seperating out in the water or something like that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Man, I wish I had a pic of what came out of my lawnmower Saturday. Damn, the gas had turn rusty red & looked like someone puked in it..I still haven't gotten it to run right yet..Damn Ethanol..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard that its the phase seperation that does it also....expect older engines that were not designed for the ethanol in lines etc....

Question, will shaking the vehicle before use correct the phase seperation?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i run pump 93... fuel aditive will take away power and could mess up ur efi.... 93 pump fuel is good for stock and high comp pistons up to 11.5 to 1....

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I use 91 octane pump gas. Very little ethanol in California pump gas. Will use Lucas fuel treatment about once a year just to keep fuel system and injector clean.

roadkill

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use these funnels every time I fill up either of my quads or bikes. It actually works! I wouldnt have believed it till I tried it. I mixed together water and gasoline in a cup and poured it through the funnel and only the gas came through.

Similar filter materials as whats used in diesel trucks where they have a water seperating filter. Worth the $20 IMO

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
injector cleaner is not needed on the xx cause it not direct injectoror even semi direct injected....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
inector cleaner is only needed on direct or sequential multi port injection where the injectors are located at the point of the cylinder head??

Did not know that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts