Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well I finally gave in and ordered my exhaust and the PCV for the 700 should be arriving next week sometime. But I was wondering where you guys mounted your fuel controllers? I have seen many just under the seat but would putting it inside the air box hurt anything. Helps it offer a littler more water protection I would think. But help me out please

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
A lot of guys put them in the airbox. You'll have to cut the lid a little for the wires or you can get one of those plastic travel size q tip boxes and put it in that and put it anywhere under the seat. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thats where I have mine works great

·
Registered
120 Posts
I put my EHS controller in the airbox. I took the EHS block off billet block an... I drilled a hole on the very edge an notched it, put the controller through the stock air intake hole an... slid the billet in with the wires in the groove I drilled an cut, then I took a small ice screw container I had (much like the q-tip case) an.. I drilled a small hole for the wires to come out of it an.. I attached the case to the airbox with some velcro brand hook an loop, an then attached the controller inside the little case with some more velcro brand hook an loop. Then I siliconed the groove where the wires pass through the groove I cut in the billet block off. I can now take off the seat and airbox lid, open the hinged cover of my q-tip type plastic case an adjust as needed, with the protection of the airbox, and the plastic case. I check it every once in a while to see if it had come loose, but... after 50 miles of some pretty wooped out trails it was still hook an looped in place.

·
Registered
734 Posts
pics would be nice of this setup manchvegas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks looks to be thats where everyone has them mounted hopefully they get here tomorow. And i agree with Rappy pics of this setup would be nice.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have the EHS in the airbox and slipped the wires alongside the engine breather . No cutting or trimming and remains water tight , with a little grease.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I just put my pc3 right under the little rubber cover over the battery. It gets wet all the time, but still works fine (for now lol).

·
Registered
538 Posts
i put mine here brother, on a special bracket, its nice having it here so you can mess with it while ridding.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
821 Posts
You program yours while riding. I set mine once and haven't looked at it since. Mines also in airbox. Figure if it goes under, programmer is least of my worries.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You program yours while riding. I set mine once and haven't looked at it since. Mines also in airbox. Figure if it goes under, programmer is least of my worries.
meh, not really, but if i want to adjust it, i dont have to take off the seat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you guys want pics of the set up, someone PM me your e-mail, an I'll take pics of everything with my phone an e-mail to ya, an you can put em up on the website. I don't know how to post pics on here

·
Registered
30 Posts
i put mine in a travel soap dish container.works great and keeps it dry,it sits right on top of the rubber battery cover.easy and cheap way to protect it.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i mounted mine on the flat spot on m,y maier plastics where the tool kit would usually go, im keeping my eyes peeled for a little box to put it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys. I got the pcv the other day and got it all hooked up and there is no way the thing is going to reach to the airbox the wires are just to short on it. I ended up mounting it in the scoop for the airbox lid for know until i can find a better place. Anyone else running the PCV have this problem?

·
Registered
302 Posts
mines just sittin under the seat. it gets wet all the time and is still kickin. as far as i know. lol

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks for all the replys guys. I got the pcv the other day and got it all hooked up and there is no way the thing is going to reach to the airbox the wires are just to short on it. I ended up mounting it in the scoop for the airbox lid for know until i can find a better place. Anyone else running the PCV have this problem?
I placed my PC-V right where the instuctions show it to be mounted, right on top of the rubber cover on the left side behind the tank. My other 700XX has a PC-III and it is also in the same place. Seat seems to hold it in place pretty good, no problems at all. Of course, I don't ride where it is wet, so water is not a concern. Worst case, put it where the instuctions show and put the controller in a plastic bag if you expect lots of water. You really just need to worry about water being splashed on it, if you happen to submerge it in water in that location, the controller will be the least of your worries, water will be in your motor at that point.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I placed my PC-V right where the instuctions show it to be mounted, right on top of the rubber cover on the left side behind the tank. My other 700XX has a PC-III and it is also in the same place.
Doug
this:stupid:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts