Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the sake of the club members I'm doing some more testing. I'll be at the dyno on Monday with a few changes to my build. Originally I ran a dobeck fuel controller and UNI dual stage air filter with EHS lid(with side vents). This was intended to be a safe build for the trails. I wanted a good air filter with lots of protection. Well, I'm switching up to a Velocity air filter which I imagine would flow better than the UNI and I'm adding a Power Commander V. I'll show you real results comparing the dobeck to the PCV on the same dyno with the same tires and on the same machine. I'll post a dyno chart with a side by side comparison of the new set up vs the old. So far the UNI/Dobeck set has worked out great but there are a few rich spots I'd like to smooth out and I will accomplish this with the PCV. Here is a dyno chart comparing Valk680's build with PCV vs my build with dobeck. You'll see some areas where my power curve dips due to a rich a/f mixture. I'll post my findings and a dyno sheet monday. I ordered the velocity filter from Alba and they had excellent customer service. I ordered the PCV from 58cycle.com and their customer service was excellent as well!

·
Registered
370 Posts
cant wait to see the results!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
your Partial throttle runs will be the most impressive and off idle adjustability
Yea, it was pretty cool to watch them dial in Valk's BB set up. My XX has been running just fine but I want this build to see its full potential. A better flowing air filter and a fine tune should do it. I'll post results in a few days. Dyno appointment is at 10am Monday and I'll bring my laptop so I can post results asap. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just put the velocity kit on my xx. Ive heard its common for the metal piece in the cone to fall threw and get sucked into the throttle body. So is the dobeck controller the same as the ehs controller?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put the velocity kit on my xx. Ive heard its common for the metal piece in the cone to fall threw and get sucked into the throttle body. So is the dobeck controller the same as the ehs controller?
Yes, dobeck is the ehs fuel controller. I think alba sent me the wrong filter. The box was labeled trx 450 and i do not have an aluminum adapter. The adapter it came with is not fitting right.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stock exhaust for you? I have the vortex filter ehs lid and ehs programmer. Just wondering about where im at for power
Noooooo, you wont make power like that with stock exhaust. I have the ehs build in the ehs section. You can read on it there. You're most likely in the low 40's.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, we made a lot of progress. The peak number didn't change much but the way it responds is a whole new ball game. I couldn't keep the front end down in the test area. There is a lot more throttle response. The XX feels a lot crisper. I'm very happy with the PVC. The dobeck works for people on a budget and you wont have any issues. If you can afford the power commander and have a local dyno guy I highly recommend it. I'm very happy with the way she responds now!!!! The power band is stretched out even further now and it pulls for days. I'm extremely happy with my EHS +1 build. Thanks for all the help EHS, HDD, L8ton Racing and other forum members. My XX is complete! :)

Valk680 BB vs xx700xx SB both on a PCV

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3 Hp in the overrev is HUGE gains!!!

be able to tune out that rich spot @ 5700 helps the top end pull out harder!!

BTW great write up and dyno comparison!
Thanks, this is the purest test ive seen on this forum. This is a bs free side x side test. Im really happy with the way she rides. Gobs of power all over!

Post up your Dyno Guys info..
Jay Jahns at Illinois Power Sports in Elburn, IL

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Looks good scott, about what i said on a build like this you can expect a couple hp increase if you have a dyno with a operator that knows what hes doing to tune it correctly. I imagine you probably saw 1-1.5hp increase in over rev from the filter swap and the rest was from the tune the spot at 5700 will be a noticable difference because thats in the meat of where the xx is going to pull, with this cam/map setup that was a hard spot to make it work to its potential with my efi and the xx has a transition from needing minor fuel to a ton at 8500rpm with the bigger cams which was also a tough spot to make it pull peak numbers in over-rev. I think when you guys tuned it the last time you had it richer at 5700 full throttle area on the transition from yellow to red than the way i sent it which is some of that being rich there but what you have now will probabably pull about 1.5hp more than what i sent in that area.

good write up these are about the same findings i find on similar more involved builds on smaller ones the gains arent really there from my efi maps to the pc maps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.