Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to get an efi controller but i dont know which one, how to use it or install it, they look so complicated with all the maps and stuff, how do i know what to tune it for and how do you tune it for your own mods. Can i do it myself??

·
Registered
258 Posts
depends on what you have done most of what you will need one for the ehs programmer is the one just about everyone goes for on here and from what i heard eric at ehs has great customer service and will help with whatever needed

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
First what do you plan on doing both now and future to your engine? That will let us know more of what you should get. As far as mapping and tuning that can start to get more difficult. Eric at EHS has settings for his controller for a few different setups that can be really easy to do. Power Commander has some too. You can do most the tuning on your own via settings or pre-made maps depending on which route you end up going. Those will get you pretty close and good enough to run. Now if you are going big then you will want to end up going to a dyno to get a personalized tune for the best performance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not going to do any internal mods just a full exhaust, air filter and a lid for now so i might just grab to ehs package

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
If thats all u plan to do, then the EHS package will work fine for you.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yep you should be good with the EHS package. Easy to set up and use. Also if you need help Eric provides great customer service!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
im not going to do any internal mods just a full exhaust, air filter and a lid for now so i might just grab to ehs package
I agree with the others... the EHS efi controller is top notch. Don't sweat the install... super easy and quick. Also changing settings is quick and easy once you do it once or twice. I can start a ride up a mountain and when we all stop to take a break about half way up, change my settings for the higher altitude in about 5 minutes... OR to ride with the quiet core or without.

roadkill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts