Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 TRX 700XX and I recently noticed a small noise in the enigne and my oil dip stick smells like gas? Any answers and what's causing this ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you didnt pour gas in the oil tank ?? thats a first , never heard this before, i dont know:argh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I did not pour gas in oil reservoir, I just noticed my oil on the dip stick rising and it smelt like gasand with it being fuel injected I did not know.. and no I don't have a fuel programmer its all stock except DG nerf bars..

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I have a 2008 TRX 700XX and I recently noticed a small noise in the enigne and my oil dip stick smells like gas? Any answers and what's causing this ?
Welcome to the Club! As far as your problem I'd go with EHS, same thing I was thinking but just the piston rings. At least I know that happens with car engines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thats what I was thinking should I just buy rings or everything, like a piston kit and should I get stock piston or a +2mm or something like that.. what do you prefer?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I'd go bigger amd get the kit. EHS said piston. I was just thinking how rings go on cars, but he's the one with the engine know how on the trx's. Napa has nothing on Eric, lol. Defiantly tear it down and check for more damage before you order. I'm not sure if Eric has big bore kit recommendations or not, I'd check with him or maybe he will answer for you. Where about are you from, his shop is by the Rockingham speedway in NC.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
rings could possibly fix it but honestly i would never tear down a motor and just rering a stock piston unless i guess i was doing it for myself and wanted to keep it as cheap as possible just makes sense to put a higher comp better piston in it imo.

also when rings are worn generally the piston will be worn also a little skirt wear goes a long ways in wearng out the bore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.