Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so one day me and a couple buddies were riding fro about 4-5 hours total that day,everything was running great,next day i take it out for about 45 mins,and all the sudden the XX starts to bog down then finally shut off,so my buddy tows me home and a couple people told me it was prolly the fuel filter and a guy at my deal said theres an email going around about them clogging up,so i order a new one,swap it out and it doesnt seem dirty at all, so it has been sitting ever since(3-4 weeks). someone mentioned to me that it could be the injector,we took it off,and its not spitting fuel into the cylinder,and he brought a test light out to see if it was the computer but it seemed to be fine,should i order the injector? please let me know

all i have done to this 08" XX is a slip on HMF performance series pipe..thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
The dealers are known to put the fuel valve on wrong. Maybe check the fuel valve? Turn it to off and try and start it and also try it on reserve.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah ive had this for about a year and a half now,ive rode with it on reserve,and on,and had it off a couple times and seems to be fine,i just dont know what could be wrong with it,i hope its the injector i just dont want to buy one until i hear a couple opinions

·
Registered
183 Posts
if the injector is still good, but not spitting fuel, theres only two possibilities... no (or incorrect) power to injector, or no fuel pressure. i'd pop the fuel line off at the injector to make sure its bringing in the gas first.

if youve got fuel pressure, and you've got a good signal coming in, the injector is almost definitely seized.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dont forget to cheap ur fuse

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check a few things before ordering a new injector-

1. Make sure your fuel filter is clean.

2. Unplug the fuel line just before it enters the injector. Turn the key on to make sure the fuel pump is working and supplying pressure (make sure you aim the line into something to catch the fuel) to the injector.

3. Check all the electrical plugs leading to the injector and throttle body. There is a plug underneath the throttle body that will allow it to run but will bog down or appear to run out of gas when you hit the throttle if it becomes loose or unplugged.

4. Remove the injector from the throttle body and make sure it is not plugged. Sometimes small fine pieces of dirt can get by the filter and this will clog the injector. You can use some carb cleaner to try to remove this dirt.

5. If you have an aftermarket fuel programmer check all the routing of the wires to make sure there are no cuts or breaks anywhere. If there are this will cause it to die out, backfire or run bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts