Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a fuel programmer be worth it for me right now? I have a uni filter, EHS lid and the spark arrestor pulled. I know they already come lean from the factory, then add my little upgrades. I know it would help me run alittle cooler but do you think I would notice anything else other than that? In the future I plan to buy at least a slip-on but would this be worth doing at all before then?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, I would recommend the programmer before the slip-on.

·
Registered
452 Posts
sure thing for awhile i rode with the efi before nething else

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
A slip on and programmer all but eliminate that 2nd gear "bogging" issue that the XX has.

·
Registered
446 Posts
it makes a big difference, and your machine will stop backfiring...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I like what I'm hearing! I can't wait for Eric to get back next week!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I added a programmer with no other upgrades other than a modded stock air filter cage, modded spark arrester and header wrap. I am very pleased with the results and when I'm ready for a full exhaust I will be one step ahead!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would go with the PC3 if I were you. Much more tuning options for later down the road.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a pcIII on my street bike and while it worked great I don't plan on doing major work to the XX and EHS programmer seems much easier to use. Plus Eric was telling me that his are basically water proof and he was thinking about doing a video showing one getting dunked. The pcIII didn't seem as water tight

·
Registered
437 Posts
all the dobeck style have a base map loaded in....the better ones EHS/Alba have better base maps and have the dyno time behind them to get the settings perfected for correlating mods...EHS is the way to go...good map, great customer service, fast shipping and proven track record. PCIII and PCV maps are the same, you can download maps for specific configs....all in all only as good as the people/time that went into making them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts