Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my bike where it can turn over after a complete teardown from an engine explosion. I took the fuel pump assembly off and cleaned as much as I could and replaced filter with new. The outside of the fuel pump was rough so I cleaned all of the rust off and put it all back together. When I took it apart, I had bad gas in it, which lead me to do all of this. Now when I go to start it, It turns over and won't start. I pulled the plug and it sparks healthy but no fuel smell so obviously no fuel. I plan to check the fuel at and before the injector tomorrow. If need be, where is the best place to buy the injector and is it possible to just by the fuel pump without buying the whole assembly? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
If no fuel, be sure to check your fuse before buying expensive parts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like that’s how my pump was too. I’m guessing there’s rust more than just the outside of the pump, might be rusted on the inside too. Do you hear the pump when you turn the key?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a new fuel pump assembly on amazon for less than $100 and now there is fuel all the way up to the plug. Getting spark and still won't fire. It only acts like it wants to hit whenever i hold the throttle down but barely. Recently adjusted the timing before attempting as well so my next thing will be trying a valve adjustment as it did just get new valves. Maybe this is the problem for it not starting.. But with the old fuel pump, it was a faint click sound, so id assume something was shorting and causing the fuel pump to not work. I haven't checked the fuel spray after the injector, i hope there isn't a problem there, but if i'm getting fuel at the plug, at least it's getting fuel through the injector. And to the fuse, i'm not even sure where the fuses are on this thing. I see the computer looking thing beside the battery and something up next to the headlight. Maybe I will do some research on that. Could be the reason it's not starting, but it's getting too late today, will definitely look into that tonight and try stuff tomorrow to see if I can get this dang thing started.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don’t think it’ll be a bad fuse but if you wanna check, the fuses are near the battery in a little black box type of thing. Have no idea what it could be, I was gonna say injector but it seems like you’re getting fuel. Keep us updated if you figure it out

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it was the rocker arms needing adjusting after getting new valves and guides. Where they were, the valves on both sides were never closing which makes sense, and I figured out the “hard way” that I didn’t tighten down the cylinder bolts as it was shooting the air out between the bottom of the cylinder and the bottom end. Just a minor set back and a new battery later, it finally runs! It runs really well bottom end but near the top end, it starts to bog down and on decel, it backfires like it is continuously getting fuel. Seems to me like it is getting too much fuel and running super lean top end, causing it to bog down. May be time for a programmer unless I can somehow fix that without one. I appreciate all of the help though! I honestly still can’t believe it runs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That’s great, I’m glad you figured it out. It seems like me and you have been on the same journey. I’ve been working on mine for a few years now and it’s almost done. I really hope I don’t run into any issues

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if you do run into anything, don't be afraid to ask these guys. They've been a massive help at times and i've definitely learned a lot so i will help wherever i can as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts