Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I asked this a while back but I can't find the thread for the life of me. How far on the stock tank....range wise? I am going up to upper MI tomorrow to take the gf riding and am renting a sportsman 400 for her. One section of the trail is 65mi between gas stations....(provided that I don't get off track)...I plan on takin a small 1 gal can with me but need reassurance that I am not going to have to push this pig out of the middle of no-where. Barker/EHS big 3-13 tooth sprocket.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nm found my old post....but reassurance is always welcomed....can delete scuzz if u wish

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
you should be able to do that 65 mile loop easily as long as you aren't pinned the whole time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I ride hard 55-65mph, I get 45miles and hit the reserve switch.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i got about 30 miles to the gallon at hatfield mccoy, ridding pretty hammer down the whole time. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I did a 67 mile ride, all trails, and was near the end of my reserve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
made it....thanks
Hey Jarhead, I'm glad you made it. I'm new to this forum, do you guys do ride reports? If so, I'd love to hear more about your UP trip. I did some off roading on a BMW dual sport up there in 06 and would like to know more about where you rode and what it was like.

I'm from Madison in SW Wisconsin as well. We generally ride in Black River Falls. Last weekend I switched to reserve at 55 miles and made it to our camp at around 70 miles, probably on fumes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We rode out of Watersmeet, MI....there is a dealer there, Headwaters Polaris, and I was able to get my ORV sticker for the xx and rent my girlfriend a little sportsman 400 for the day. Watersmeet is on the intersections of Hwy 45 and Hwy 2,... also the only rodes in the entire county that you aren't allowed on with ATV's. It's kinda like a little paradise for ATV's up there. Now that the Upper Pennisula is going through hard times more and more counties are opening up all but state Highways to ATV use and hoping to draw money from tourism and the MI-Trale system is very extensive and you are able to go north to south from border to border all on ORV's and almost all the way East to West. Alot of the Mi-Trale system is old railroad grade and kinda boring but the fact that you can turn off anywhere on any trail or fire road makes for some interesting days of exploring. I would definitly reccommend it at least once wether you have an ATV, Dual sport cycle, or SxS.

And if you have some vacation let me know there is a trip i want to make this year that would probably take a couple of days but I wanted to go from Land-o-lakes WI on the border and take the trail system all the way up to lake superior and make a loop back down....all in all probably a 400-500 mile ride...

lmk if you have anymore ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts