Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like such a noob with this question. LOL

So I have noticed that when I use the arrow on the fuel selector switch it always seems to cut off. So either the arrow is wrong or I am not suppose to use the arrow LOL.

My buddy has the same issue with his 700xx, any chance these could have been installed backwards at the factory?
:stupid:
Thanks in advance,
CJ

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yup happened to a few of us.

Mine was installed wrong and the knob fell off

and good thing I was miles out in the desert with no pliers. I thought first day out what can go wrong.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i can let my 700xx run with fuel valve on off the 3 oclock position and it never runs out of gas . my 400ex will run for a minute or two and cut off with the fuel valve cut off

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thanks , is that because of the different fuel delivery system?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think this answers the question I was going to just post. I knew to check this but today I had the arrow pointed to the fuel on indicator and was letting the quad idle. It ended shutting off. I was confused by this so I put it to reserve and it ran fine with no issue, also seems to run fine in the off position. I'm guessing they installed mine wrong.

Good stuff. I'm glad I got the advice on this forum to check it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
is there anyone who can do a good post on how to check this out. i dont have a clue if mines wright or wrong.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I am pretty sure the correct setting is off at 12 o clock, on at 9 o clock and reserve at 6 o clock. I haven't had a problem at that's the way mine is set up. Not sure if this helps.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thats not right you have it backwards

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am pretty sure the correct setting is off at 12 o clock, on at 9 o clock and reserve at 6 o clock. I haven't had a problem at that's the way mine is set up. Not sure if this helps.
I have had mine off while installing a new tank I know for sure mine is 12 o clock reserve, 9 o clock off, and 6 o clock on.

Are you sure that the knob was installed correctly? It looks like it could be forced on incorrectly.

If I get a chance I will try to get a pic, I marked it with white paint so my ancient eyes can see it in poor light.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have had mine off while installing a new tank I know for sure mine is 12 o clock reserve, 9 o clock off, and 6 o clock on.

Are you sure that the knob was installed correctly? It looks like it could be forced on incorrectly.

If I get a chance I will try to get a pic, I marked it with white paint so my ancient eyes can see it in poor light.

THANKS FOR THE PIC!!!....NOW I GOT IT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.