Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post was previously posted in the Platinum club and got no replies !

I have just done a weekend of Beach Racing and added a quiet core ,plus spark arrester to the Big Gun exhaust . I forgot to reset the programmer and was using 9 litres of fuel in 31 mins. The 700xx ran far to good for my body to keep up , but my question is how much damage will this cause to the motor ?

Managed to melt the "Big Gun" sticker off the muffler , but the packing and exhaust is fine.

Anyone ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Running richer is less likely to cause harm than running lean, so I would guess no harm done ? That's presuming your controller was set for open exhaust originally.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Running too rich probably didn't do any damage but you might want to change your oil, lots of carbon and possible fuel dilution of your oil.
9 liters of fuel in 31 min, did you just pin the throttle open and hang on? :nuts:

·
Registered
20 Posts
melted my big gun sticker off also. i installed quiet core and didnt back off on the fuel also.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
melted my big gun sticker off also. i installed quiet core and didnt back off on the fuel also.
Change the programmer to what Eric recommends for this. Also check the packing in the exhaust, mine disappeared in about 2 hours. Easy way is to take the muffler of and flip it . If you any tinging/rattling then the packing is shot.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts