Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have problems with it comeing off mine has came off once and found it loose a second time.

amy ideas about keeping it tight besides locktight?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I took mine off and put it in the little canister under the seat.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine fell off a few months ago. I keep a pair of long nose pliers under my seat just in case I ever need to turn it to reserve.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine fell off and by some freak chance it was in the feild leading to the trail head along with the bolt that holds it on i want to figure out a way to keep it from falling off agian

·
Registered
537 Posts
IMO it's not worth the trouble. But you could put Liquid Nails or JB Weld on the threads and it should NEVER come off again.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Blue Loctite would be better than J B weld and Liquid nails. It would take a lot less to remove when needed. Never had a problem with this.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Purple Loctite (222 or 221) weakest, made for small hardware.
Blue Loctite (242), Medium strength, we use on 1/4 or larger bolts.
Red Loctite (262 or 272) High strength, if you never want to remove the screw ever again. actually yah i will come out..just neet to heat it too 500+F to get it off.

Or Green loctite (620) a retaining loctite used to help fit loose fit bearings, would work great holding on the knob on without a screw. and with a little heat (hotter then the motor) you can still remove without destroying the knob.

been working on Aircraft for about 17 years now...so loctite is a friend to me. Especially on a pusher prop aircraft...all fasteners seem to find its way to the prop.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh mine fell off first day riding....dealer got me a new one. Installed it using blue loctite, been on since.

Blue is easy to find also.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
gavineli,
I used the blue Loctite originally (knob fell off) and later on, had to take the knob off for easier access before doing a valve check. It came off easily and I re-installed it with another dab. Never has come loose but is real easy to remove when necessary.
Sid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.