Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me an my buddy greg50lt that i jus got to sign up here are looking around at a few shops in md to see what kinda pipe work they can do for the intake on the 700. then another buddy owns an exhaust shop so ill see if he will mess around with the quad too.. n ill put the word out for him an maybe help us all out

·
Registered
189 Posts
What I was looking at doing was similar to what you can do on a car. I was looking at aluminum piping for smooth air flow. Also looking into a design that is similar to those on the Injen aair intakes on cars. Ill post a pic at the end.

I looked at the stock lid and dont really see how its that restrictive after you remove some of the inside stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
well if i get bored enough ill pull my intake off and ill mess with it. i might try to buy a stock pipe and take it to a shop and see what happens.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea that way theres really no down time on the quad

·
Registered
189 Posts
and i dont have to pull apart my shit for no reason. even if i buy another stock tube i might mod it so....start looking around and if you fine something before me let me kno.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The best idea would be to get a silicone hose molded for a smooth intake tract

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I contacted UM Racing and CFM Racing about 3 months ago and they said they would try when they have finished making things for the Raptor 250. I have a CFM on the 450r and love it.:D
P.S. Trying to get Eric to build one !

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what do u think is wrong with the one we have?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok !
But basically asking the same question I asked 3 months ago !
Good to hear. I have one question for anyone who wants to answer it, how much of a difference do you think a smooth aluminum pipe would make over the stock one? Also are there any vents that pull air to our intake or is it all closed off?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The basics would be to make the intake tract as straight and smooth as possible. An aluminum pipe is ideal but then you would need couplers that would just add clutter. What I like to use are reinforced silicone hoses. (aka Radiator Hose). This gives more flex and less components from start to finish. Depending on where you would ride you may need to fix up a partial box to block the bulk of debris and splatter from the wheels.

·
Registered
425 Posts
what do u think is wrong with the one we have?
A better lid design, different filter options, or shorting the intake track. Provisions to mount a PC3 or PC5 enclosed? i got a few ideas, but basicly if we ask now what we want...we might get :tup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
^True. Smooth1 i like your ideas. Ima sit on this for a bit seeing that Baxter was told that CFM rcing may be making a true intake for our bikes.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A better lid design, different filter options, or shorting the intake track. Provisions to mount a PC3 or PC5 enclosed? i got a few ideas, but basicly if we ask now what we want...we might get :tup:

theres different ways to mod the air lid.. if we take the piece off inside the lid cover might be able to fit a biiget filter but i dont see y ud want a bigger filter..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts