Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd post a review of my experience with Fullerton Sand Sports. I had been looking for some new paddle tires for a while and decided to get serious last week. Got a big dune trip coming up here next week and wanted the tires before then. One of the guys over at ATVRiders recommend getting in contact with Dave over at Fullerton Sand. After a couple of emails, he helped me decided on some Skat~Trak Extremes (21x12x8 6 paddle). Figured I'd still shop around and try to find the best deal. I found myself back talking with Dave since they ended up having the best price and were also one of only two places that had the size I wanted in stock. Takes 3-4 weeks to get them directly from Skat~Trak. Anyways, I got the tires mounted on some DWT Blue Labels for $296 shipped ($276 for the tires and wheels, $20 for shipping). I placed the order over the phone on a Thursday afternoon, the tires were sitting on my doorstep at 10AM the next day. Granted, I am less than 300 miles from them, it was still pretty damn impressive. I would (and will) definitely do business with them again.

After the trip I'll post up my thoughts on the tires themselves. So far I'm extremely impressed, tire and wheel weigh in at 13lbs mounted.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
skat track is the best of the best when it comes to sand tires. just gotta be careful not to run over sticks or anything

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they should be a huge improvement from my Sand Geckos. I can't wait to hit the sand with them.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yeah me neither! been sitting in my room waiting for the next dune trip all my buddys use them and they pull away so much harder on the hills

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a picture of them on your XX? Don't think I've ever seen one with Skat~Traks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
sadly no not yet theres a couple other guys that have them to. end of may is our really big dune trip so i will have some new pics by then. i went with 22x11x10 7 paddle and mohawks in the front

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're getting ready to head out to Rasor Dunes for four days on the 16th for my birthday. Should have a bunch of pictures and videos of the trip. Gonna be the first trip to the dunes with the new paddles, carb and intake.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had an absolute blast at the dunes. These tires are just ridiculous. I figured they'd be a lot better than my Geckos, but man, it's almost indescribable how good they are. Not only was I flying up the hills I was struggling on before, but I was doing it with the front wheels off the ground. These things have an insane amount of hook-up. I am now a true believer in Skat~Trak, I'll never buy another paddle. They may be expensive, but they are well worth every penny.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was hot as shit out. I was actually in shorts the entire weekend.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, the pipe doesn't bother me too much. Usually I'll have riding socks or some boots on, though. And the dune we were hitting wasn't exactly the best for jumping since it was 20' - 25' tall. We still managed to get some decent air off it.

Here are some more pictures:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, yeah, I know. I gotta say, for being 6'5" 280lbs, it still surprises me what it can do with me on it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Fullertons are good guys to deal with i am a skat trak dealer as well for the east coast guys the west coast guys will probably save some money by the time you figure shipping going through fullertons. I have some certain tires i have found to work extremely well and is something i will be stocking/selling here shortly. Extremes are great but for normal riding these will work much better. but they are defiently more than $300

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think I'll be buying new paddles for a long time.

·
Registered
446 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts