Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow 700xx'ers. I was just diagnosed with gallbladder issues. I had 3 gallbladder attacks in the past week and after some more testing to ensure the gallbladder is the issue, it seems I will most likely have surgery to get it removed. I love the community here on the forum so I figured I would come here and ask, has anyone been through this? What was the experience?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Guy at my work had his taken out. They made 3 little cuts and get they're tools in there and snip snip and pull it out and put a few stitches in and you might stay a day in the hospital for observation then you'll go home with some antibiotics and pain killers. You'll be sore for a couple weeks and will just hafta take it easy. but you should do good and barely be able to see the scars when its all healed.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
My dad had this a year or two ago Marc. His was full of gangerine, and the doctor say he prolly had a week b4 it blew. Anyway, like Hayden said, there was just three incisions and that was it. I was overseas so I dont know how long he was in the hospital, but i am pretty sure it was just a in/out surgery, and he was home the same day. Didn't really lay him up, but with every surgery, you will be sore afterwards. Shouldn't affect you much though, oh and they may make you eat light for a day or two as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
They'll do it laproscopically if they can which is the least invasive method. Even at that, you'll have some pain and pretty serious soreness due to the cutting of abdominal muscles. If they have to do it as an open procedure you'll have a long recovery with a lot of pain and soreness.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. Good to know its a common procedure. I am not looking forward to the surgery or the recovery time, but it could be worse.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dad just had it done last Monday. The pain meds don't do much for him so he was hurting pretty bad but it's same day surgery. He's feeling pretty good now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had mine taken out 8 years ago hurt like a booger-bear for a while but not as long and as bad as when it was in .The doctor took 71 stones out when they removed it I still have them in a little container somewhere looks just like small gravel ,It will be ok after you get it out BUT sleep in a recliner for a week cause its damn hard to sit up in bed and get out ya have to roll onto the floor if you sleep in bed lol ,God bless on your surgery we will pray for you and a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fellow 700xx'ers. I was just diagnosed with gallbladder issues. I had 3 gallbladder attacks in the past week and after some more testing to ensure the gallbladder is the issue, it seems I will most likely have surgery to get it removed. I love the community here on the forum so I figured I would come here and ask, has anyone been through this? What was the experience?

Thanks
Typically, gall bladder attacks stop after 2-3 days and completely disappear after a week. If this doesn’t happen, one can have serious complications. High fever, shivering, significant increase of the number of white cells and stopping of the normal intestine running show inflammation of the gall bladder (abscess), gangrene or breakage of gall bladder wall.

In such situations an urgent operation is required.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again for the kind words and knowledge everyone. Comforting to know others have been through it too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its 2 5mm trocars and 1 10mm trocar holes the 10mm is by the belly button. Sit up after surgery to help get the extra gas they use out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hate to bust all the optimism...but MOST of the time they can do a lap procedure....depending on your body and how the gallbladder is inflammed they may still have to open you up the old fashioned way to take it out...no way of really telling until they get in there....do it before it gets too bad, everyone poo poo's it but occasionally people (young ones too) get very very sick before/after removal and it is not unheard of to be in the ICU for a day or two....Now that I scared you to death, you'll be fine. Just get it taken care of now...don't tuff it out, bad things happen. If it is a lap procedure sometimes they will send you home the same day, sometimes a day or two in the hospital, depends how sick you are when they do it, open procedure at least overnight in the hospital maybe two....you'll be sore with both procedures. ??? shoot me a pm

·
Registered
437 Posts
oh yeah common misconception that lap procedures are less painful....really they are not...pumping an area of your body full of CO2 and expanding it is not normal....throw in some hot lights and you can irritate the inside of your body pretty good. We have an open heart program at our hospital and we do both open sternotomys (cracking the chest) and we have a MD that does the second most robotic heart bypass grafting/valve replacements in the country. Robotic surgery does tend to recover a little quicker....definitly not less pain.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks USMC. PM sent.

There is the temptation to tough it out to avoid surgery but I know that is pointless if I will just need surgery down the road anyway.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wife just had hers out 2 weeks ago, she was throwing up 5 to 6 times a day whenever she ate. it got so bad she was throwing up water. She had it done with scopes and they removed the gallbladder through her belly button. She was in pain and sore for about 2 weeks and is now throwing up again... her gallbladder was crystalizing inside and forming gallstones but now we get to figure out what else is wrong.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Thanks
MY GOD THEY FN HURT!!!! For about a month i had these intense stomach pains like a hot knife thru butta .Then when me and my wife were on a cruise it started real bad and she was like drink more lol wtf! It got so bad i was helicoptored off ship to have the old gall splatter removed. # little incisions that youll have forever and it was all over. The only downside youll have which sucks for me, since you have no gallbladder to break down fats you gain weight for 1, 2. if you eat rich foods like, mickey d cheeseburgers, mozz sticks, cheese , fries etc etc. You instantly have to hit the bowl and"drop the kids off in the pool" if you know what i mean, lol. Any questions pm me! And goodluck! You will feel 100 times better:yay:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts