Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just picked up my xx, first question, i have a big gap between the top of my headlight and the plastic piece, about an inch, is that normal? also, the plastic piece with all the slots in it, at the bottom theirs a little triangle shaped tab, right now its on the outside, it looks like it should be underneath the plastic that it meets up with, am i right or should it be above it?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
It would be simpler to explain. The grey /red or black tank/headlight piece of plastic(sorry I don't know what to call it) has 2 J pegs that slot into the headlight. If you can lift it once fitted above 1 " then it is not slotted in correctly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill look when i get home, was just looking at some pics of other xx's on here and theyre deff alot tighter fit than mine is right now, hopefully thatll fix my headlight being aimed to low

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine does it all the time if I forget to fit the plastic piece right. There's a slot on each side that needs to be fitted into. Even fitted properly I found my bike to have a bigger gap there than most the ones I see on here and I also have the 09 black with the graphics.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I agree with Nerv. Mine is an 09 also with the same plastics & the gap is around an inch also. I'd check to make sure it's properly seated but don't get your hopes up on it fitting perfectly !!!!

Regards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup it seems to be in there the way its supposed to be. but its still aimed to low.... is it adjustable at all

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
yup it seems to be in there the way its supposed to be. but its still aimed to low.... is it adjustable at all
Yep... See attachment.

roadkill

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts