Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Labor Day usually marks the end of the summer driving season and gas prices usually go down... NOT this year. Isaac has shut down many of the oil platforms in the Gulf, which means they aren't producing any oil right now. Less oil produced means higher prices for gas.

roadkill

·
Registered
201 Posts
its the buying power of our dollar that is going down...NOT the price of gas going up.

if you look at the many graphs of oil usage vs. price, you will find the consumption of oil has been going down for the last few years while prices continue to rise. this talk of production being effected by issac is a mute point...

·
Registered
821 Posts
I tend to gripe about the things I can fix or change. Gas prices aren't that hi on my list.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How much do you guys pay per Gallon these days ?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
You guys pay for gas? I just fill my tank and leave. :coffee:

·
Registered
335 Posts
You lot should not moan, its $8.01 here for the same quantity !
Hey Rappey, your country produced a hell of a music group. I went and saw Mumford & Sons at Red Rocks Amphitheater here in Colorado last night. They put on a hell of a good show! Amazing band at the best venue in the world. Good times!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
It just shot up 10 cents today here in Kayenta, AZ. Was $3.70....now $3.80:steamed:

Shonie

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am paying $8.78 a US gal. I am taking 15 gallon ($131.70) just to race the 700xx for 8 hours. Expensive but gunna be a whole lot of fun and it's gunna hurt. You only live once and why take a healthy body to the grave !lol.:D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
3.65 for the cheap regular unleaded with 10% ethanol in south alabama. 93 with no ethanol is about 4$ a gallon in lower alabama, it is killing me !:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
3.65 for the cheap regular unleaded with 10% ethanol in south alabama. 93 with no ethanol is about 4$ a gallon in lower alabama, it is killing me !:xx:
Killing me too I've spent over $500.00 in fuel this month. And I'm debating on not going out of state to Ride Labor day weekend. Due to price of gas, and weather forecast.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Around AU$5.85 here in Oz. That's over US$6.00 & still going up, glad my car runs on LPG (.56c per litre ) ;>)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey Rappey, your country produced a hell of a music group. I went and saw Mumford & Sons at Red Rocks Amphitheater here in Colorado last night. They put on a hell of a good show! Amazing band at the best venue in the world. Good times!
USA and Uk dominate the world music scene , and have done for a long time !

·
Registered
201 Posts
you guys saw what i wrote right? maybe the sheeple dont care....

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its the buying power of our dollar that is going down...NOT the price of gas going up.

if you look at the many graphs of oil usage vs. price, you will find the consumption of oil has been going down for the last few years while prices continue to rise. this talk of production being effected by issac is a mute point...
I'm talking about something that makes gas prices jump up sharply over night. Oil companies use ANY excuse to jump prices up. As an example: Chevron had a fire at their refinery up here and that refinery is still shut down. That should only effect Chevron prices right? WRONG, all the companies raised their prices and had the balls to use the fire as their excuse. The Cal Senate has a investigation going now about why a fire at Chevron would effect prices at Arco, Exxon, etc.
California has a "summer blend" that costs more to refine and MUST be used during summer months. But, as of Labor Day, they can switch back to their "winter blend", which is cheaper to refine. This should bring the cost at the pump down, but never does. BTW - Gas was $4.19 for 87 octane yesterday... don't know what the price is today, but I'd bet it went up since yesterday.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Gas went up another .10 yesterday! Dammit! $3.90 now. I'm sure it will go over $4.00 sometime today.

shonie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts