Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in my local shop looking to get another set of ITP rims with some RZR II's, and I can't believe the price jump from when I purchased them before. They have doubled in the year that I have had them. Now I think they are an amazing tire, and the only reason I am wanting more is because I had mine all studded up, and with the few plugs I am going to need to put in them, I just want some other ones for more summer races, along with the fact that the rims on there now are a little bit thrashed. Anyway, the guy at my local Honda shop pointed out these GBC XREX tires, that have the same pattern as the RZR II's, for half the price, and they are 6-ply as well. Has anyone used these at all? I am curious before I sink $500 in a new thing of rims and tires.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
They do look sweet but could not find any reviews about them. For the price, they seem to be worth their cost.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Razr knockoff's, So pretty much the same thing for cheaper.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The xrex has pretty good reviews and at half the price. Go ahead!

·
Registered
667 Posts
ITP!!! Holeshot XCT!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The XREX tires are made from a cheaper harder rubber, They'll actually last longer than a Razr but give you a bit less traction in certain conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Tire and wheel packages from KG, thats where I oreded mine. Thier price was even lower than Rocky Mountain ATV. Here is a list of the tire and wheel kits. You specify the offset at checkout. I ordered over the phone to make sure I got the right offset, shipping is free. Rear kits are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.kgmotorcycletires.com/maxxis_razr2_kit.htm

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Are these 11"?
That's what I thought until I read his signature.
Would be nice if they were 11" I would be ordering some.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are these 11"?
Scuzz, it was for a 10" wheel, but to be certain, I looked up there website: http://www.gbctires.com/xrextires.htm They don't offer it in 11".
I was just curious if anyone has tried them, but I think I am going to go with them as I am racing here and there, and tend to go thru some rims and tires.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Never tried them myself, but I have heard good things about them. The XC guys seem to like them. I don't think you will be disappointed. I plan on trying a set myself once I need tires for my 450R.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts