Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike out all week at the dunes in Waynoka Ok and my bike kept getting stuck in neutral and it wouldnt shift up or down unless i let off my clutch and grabed it agian....not that big of a deal jsut really annoying....just curious if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone had any ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Did you check your cable adjustments. Had that issue once and once I readjusted my cable, the issue disappeared.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it all looks good...i get enough movement when i squeze it...dont really know much more about it than that. Is there something else i should look for?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have that same issue. i thought it was normal. it only happens if i am sitting in neutral with the clutch engaged. then when i squeeze the clutch and try to go into first, it feels like its locked out until i let the clutch in an out one more time. after that, it will let me shift down into first. i figured it was normal, as my car does the same thing.

does it also lurch a little when you click it into first even with the clutch completely disengaged?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it doesnt go anywhere once it does go into gear...if its normal thats not cool at all.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
mine lurches like that all the time and so does my friends

I have had problems with it shifting before as well but it has only done it once or twice

you guys have fun at the dunes problem aside I wish I could have made it out there with you guys oh well maybe next time

·
Registered
537 Posts
I find it a common thing on ATV's, dirt bikes, and motorcycles. Something with how the transmission is designed/works. Every one I've ever ridden have done that at one point or another.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mine did that when i got it. its just that ur clutch is not worn in yet son when u pull in there lever it completely disengages the trany and the man drive gears stop. so the gears can mesh when u hit the shifter.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Very common on any new atv or bike with a clutch. It will become a habit to pump it after a while and you won't notice that you are doing it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
sumtimes when i go to shift into 2nd it will go into N n that sucks when ur in the middle of a drag

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Mine has done the same quiet a bit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts