Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ya think? It's running so rich it's turning my fresh oil change darker.

Time to play with my map and pay a little more attention to things. I was burning a little oil and couldn't figure out why...now I know. But to make matters worse when I was taking off the spark plug boot..I tore it. Grrrrrr.

Two weeks till my big trip too. Sounds like I need to follow my own signature on the site...

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. - Winston Churchhill

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and additionally I should mention that this was not one of Bo's maps. He goes out of his way to help people here and my quad running rich was not the result of his map.

(I thought about this as I was just walking my dogs)

Just thought I would clear that up. :)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
How much oil were you burning? Some dialectric grease would have saved your boot too :-(

xx700xx PCIII run around 300 and its another 150-300 for dyno time

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would GLADLY pay if there was a two wheel dyno around me. All I hear at the nearest dealership is that "there is some guy with a two wheel mobile dyno".

No name.

No number.

Just a guy with a dyno....somewhere.

It's only two rides on the über-rich map and it doesn't smoke, so I'm thinking (hoping) I'm good on the rings/compression.

After I get a new coil and plug I'm going to change my map to a Bo one and change my oil. Hopefully after a leaner map the rings should clean out and be happy. If not I'll be the 1st big bore on the site.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I would GLADLY pay if there was a two wheel dyno around me. All I hear at the nearest dealership is that "there is some guy with a two wheel mobile dyno".

No name.

No number.

Just a guy with a dyno....somewhere.

It's only two rides on the über-rich map and it doesn't smoke, so I'm thinking (hoping) I'm good on the rings/compression.

After I get a new coil and plug I'm going to change my map to a Bo one and change my oil. Hopefully after a leaner map the rings should clean out and be happy. If not I'll be the 1st big bore on the site.
Nice, does anyone make a big bore kit yet?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nope not yours. It was one of yours on steroids though. If i do go big bore I'd be asking you for (paid of course) assistance.

I don't think I'll need to do any work to it other than changing the tune, oil, filter and plug. I think all the carbon in the head well dissipate after one day at the sand hill.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just 2 rides you should be fine. You'd have to constantly be way rich for a longer period of time than that to do any ring damage. Cylinder wash is a much harder thing to accomplish than you might think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Which air filter setup do you have. I have the same map that you were running and my plug is a light tan color. I actually richened the lower end up a little to keep it cool.A lot of the way plugs look is from riding style too. I try to keep the revs up and shift later than most people I ride with. Actually, I rarely see 4th gear where I ride, but I wind 3rd out a lot. Also, I run high grade unleaded instead of regular or midgrade. It seems to like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uni filter, lid on. Oh, and I also use the highest pump octane I can get

As far as a riding style I was in it pretty much the whole day, I had just oiled my filter and it was clean so no worries about dirt there. I did the same thing the time before that too keeping up with the MX 450's. I feel better that before I rode I changed my oil to Honda's fully synthetic. Both days it ran awesome, but I figure it will be better once I get the tune right.

Here's the map I was running:

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and next ride I'll have a EHS LID to test on. I'll have both the stock lid and the EHS lid to do a comparison.

Well, that and a new plug...and a new coil...and a fresh oil change.

I really can't wait to get it 100%.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
537 Posts
If we ever meet I'll buy you a beer...or whatever you drink. You made me feel a whole lot better.

Thanks.
You got it dude!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.