Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya think? It's running so rich it's turning my fresh oil change darker.

Time to play with my map and pay a little more attention to things. I was burning a little oil and couldn't figure out why...now I know. But to make matters worse when I was taking off the spark plug boot..I tore it. Grrrrrr.

Two weeks till my big trip too. Sounds like I need to follow my own signature on the site...

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. - Winston Churchhill

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
How much oil were you burning? Some dialectric grease would have saved your boot too :-(

xx700xx PCIII run around 300 and its another 150-300 for dyno time

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would GLADLY pay if there was a two wheel dyno around me. All I hear at the nearest dealership is that "there is some guy with a two wheel mobile dyno".

No name.

No number.

Just a guy with a dyno....somewhere.

It's only two rides on the über-rich map and it doesn't smoke, so I'm thinking (hoping) I'm good on the rings/compression.

After I get a new coil and plug I'm going to change my map to a Bo one and change my oil. Hopefully after a leaner map the rings should clean out and be happy. If not I'll be the 1st big bore on the site.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I would GLADLY pay if there was a two wheel dyno around me. All I hear at the nearest dealership is that "there is some guy with a two wheel mobile dyno".

No name.

No number.

Just a guy with a dyno....somewhere.

It's only two rides on the über-rich map and it doesn't smoke, so I'm thinking (hoping) I'm good on the rings/compression.

After I get a new coil and plug I'm going to change my map to a Bo one and change my oil. Hopefully after a leaner map the rings should clean out and be happy. If not I'll be the 1st big bore on the site.
Nice, does anyone make a big bore kit yet?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
A bigbore kit can be done at anytime. Its just a custom piston away. I was wondering on the tune if it was one of mine.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just 2 rides you should be fine. You'd have to constantly be way rich for a longer period of time than that to do any ring damage. Cylinder wash is a much harder thing to accomplish than you might think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Which air filter setup do you have. I have the same map that you were running and my plug is a light tan color. I actually richened the lower end up a little to keep it cool.A lot of the way plugs look is from riding style too. I try to keep the revs up and shift later than most people I ride with. Actually, I rarely see 4th gear where I ride, but I wind 3rd out a lot. Also, I run high grade unleaded instead of regular or midgrade. It seems to like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uni filter, lid on. Oh, and I also use the highest pump octane I can get

As far as a riding style I was in it pretty much the whole day, I had just oiled my filter and it was clean so no worries about dirt there. I did the same thing the time before that too keeping up with the MX 450's. I feel better that before I rode I changed my oil to Honda's fully synthetic. Both days it ran awesome, but I figure it will be better once I get the tune right.

Here's the map I was running:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Too much fuel at idle. Bring it all down to 10 on the 0% and 2% throttle positions and start from there. Other than that its real simular to my map for the Big 3 tune.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If we ever meet I'll buy you a beer...or whatever you drink. You made me feel a whole lot better.

Thanks.
You got it dude!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts