Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had a HMF on my 400ex, i liked them but i can't say its the best cause thats all i ever knew, so i was contemplating between HMF, Lexx and motorworks, i never heard of motorworks but its gotten alot of good rep, more than lexx even, and from some of your sigs appears a good amount of you are using that one..suggestions please!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have a motoworks slipon for sale if you are interested.:hey:
I was very pleased with it while I had it on. I has a really good sound and was easy to install

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lexx don't appear very well built to me. Yoshmura and Two Bro's racing are tops on my list. I have a Two Bro's CF on my 1400 concours and Dual CF's on my 1100XX Blackbird.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My friend and i both had FMFs, i had the slip on and he had the full, i wanted a full system so tried out a full HMF, i got the map for the PC3 off the dynojet website, open the lid on the air filter and huge difference, i walked all over my friends when he still had the full FMF, so any more I'm HMF all the way for everything... well i may get a full Ron Woods for the Renny, but right now HMF is on both of my quads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When buying a slip-on do you need to buy a programmer as well? I am thinking of getting an FMF or HMF slip-on, but I am not sure if i need a programmer as well.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
When buying a slip-on do you need to buy a programmer as well? I am thinking of getting an FMF or HMF slip-on, but I am not sure if i need a programmer as well.
Nah you wont need a programmer if that's all you're going to do

·
Registered
184 Posts
ended up getting the HMF Competition slip on, guess i don't wanna cheat on my HMF lol

Good choice !!

To really get the most out of it, get the full with the PC3 down the road, well worth it IMO

My friend had just the slip on first, but wanted to go full, called HMF, sent his in and they converted it so it can now use the full exhaust, only bad thing about them, slip on and full inlets on the pipe are different, you have to send them to HMF so they can change them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
298 on ebay from summitracing which is a local company so should have it withing 2 days. i originally bought one from mud_tracks-n-trails on ebay it was just the black finished one for 249 but he is a scam artist and hasn't shipped out at least 6 orders so i figured no more dealing w/those ppl best to play it safe with either rockymountaintv or summitracing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did not know that ravxx thanks for that info, least they are in ohio so if i chose to do that it shouldn't take long to get it there and back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts