Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
As with any new Carb or throttle body the idle needs to be set and adjusted with the bike running . A hanging idle is most commonly associated with a higher the spec idle speed. Sometimes the throttle plate can have a rough edge that needs to be smoothed with some fine grit sandpaper
yes, when you bore them the hole gets bigger so it may require the shaft to need to close further granted they have a bigger plate but fine tuning is required. They also have the tps that is supposed to be recalibrated as well but its a pia on the xx as well as the idle air control circuit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I haven't had time to ride it or anything yet, was gonna check idle screw. The guy who tuned it is a dynojet dealer, so I am pretty sure everything there is set right. Th
e graph looks smooth.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
yes, when you bore them the hole gets bigger so it may require the shaft to need to close further granted they have a bigger plate but fine tuning is required. They also have the tps that is supposed to be recalibrated as well but its a pia on the xx as well as the idle air control circuit.
right, we were able to re-cut the shaft to index at the oem spec on tps calibration

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Traitor, It looks good with some really nice torque down low. Did he say what A/F ratio he was targeting? You can see the intake is limited by how far the power drops up top, Any plans on adding a cam?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
If you look at the line on he bottom, it looks like he stayed around 13 or so on a/f. As for other motr work. I want to cam iit, bump up compression, port and polish head(bo will probably get my business). I want to make it as good of a trail bike I can.here's my to do list

Omf rims, kenda kutters, steering stem, vibration clamp, powercommander display, l8ton swaybar, teixeira a arms, sometype of good clutch. I think after that it should be a great ride, don't forget elkas or fox floats

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a Hot Cam 3 if you have any interest in it.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If you look at the line on he bottom, it looks like he stayed around 13 or so on a/f. As for other motr work. I want to cam iit, bump up compression, port and polish head(bo will probably get my business). I want to make it as good of a trail bike I can.here's my to do list

Omf rims, kenda kutters, steering stem, vibration clamp, powercommander display, l8ton swaybar, teixeira a arms, sometype of good clutch. I think after that it should be a great ride, don't forget elkas or fox floats
BIG LIST!! Haha

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It is a big list, but I have time. I worked on the tb a little, adjused the idle screw, it ddoes idle slightly lower but still hangs up at exactly 20% according to the pcv, I will check the edges of the plate tomorrow if its not 100+ to see if it changes, if it don't I won't be to happy. But I am keeping my hopes up.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You have to calibrate it on the PCV as well. When I had the PCV at first it read 10-15% throttle then I did a calibration to get it right. You may have to do the same.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The guy who dyno tuned it also checked everything on my computer to make sure all is right. So its not programming, its not tps, its not idle screw. I am heading to tear into it right now. I am gonna check for burrs anywhere, any rough spot by hand, hell I may take my dremel out and mirrir shine everything, guaranteed no burrs or rough edges there.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts