Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple of friends made the trip from Vegas down to Glamis to ride Saturday the 20th. When I make it back home to St.Louis this will one of my best memories of the trip out west.
I put 23" Razr2's on the front and it seemed to make a pretty good difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
glamis keeps calling my name someday i will make it down there. cool pics!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those are 22s in the rear i take it? you running the stock 14t?
Yeah they are 22x11x10's. I'm still running the stock 14t on the front till I get my HMF header and muffler on Wednesday. After I program it and see how it does then I'll decide if I want to put on the 13t. I'm debating on what I want to do with an air filter and lid now too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope not at all. But I think it would be better with a 13t if you stay with stock exhaust and stuff. The sand was pretty damp yesterday and it still turned them pretty good.You maybe even could have gotten by with knobs instead of paddles. This thing has plenty of torque to turn the 22's. It still wants to stall somewhat if you don't get it going though. I believe that the 13t front gear will take care of that somewhat too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nope not at all. But I think it would be better with a 13t if you stay with stock exhaust and stuff. The sand was pretty damp yesterday and it still turned them pretty good.You maybe even could have gotten by with knobs instead of paddles. This thing has plenty of torque to turn the 22's. It still wants to stall somewhat if you don't get it going though. I believe that the 13t front gear will take care of that somewhat too.
It will make all the difference. I never been in sand, we ride alot of woods, mostly steep hills, rocky steep hills, and oh yea steep hills. I wouldn't go back to 14T for it. It bogs too much, too much clutch work, and I also have the big 3 and pciii, and a uni with my own lid mod.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Funny thing is I live 30 min from Glamis and have yet to take my 700 out there yet!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats bad I would like to go to some big dunes and watch some sand drags and carve some bowls.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The place is pretty awesome. We rode for hours on top of the dunes from the top of one to the other. The ridges connect them together and you can ride the rims of the bowls. I missed a couple of transitions and had to ride down into the bowls and back out. I think some of them were a couple hundred feet deep and it was pretty cool getting out. My buddies didn't miss them and I think they missed out on some cool fun getting out of them.

The thing about the 700xx stock is that 3rd gear is too high and I think that a 13t gear would make 3rd gear more usable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think I saw you at Olds Hill on the 20th. That's when we arrived. Someone in my group pointed out another 700xx. It was the only one I saw besides mine for the rest of the week. I did change my front sprocket to a 13t and there was no hill I couldn't climb in 3rd. A must for your next trip. Where did you camp?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You know thats a good possiblity. The only other 700xx I saw had a tail light that looked like it got banged around a little bit. I was with a guy on a Predator and another guy on a yellow 400EX. My 700xx was pretty stock then. I just put on a HMF header and muffler yesterday along with a programmer. I ordered a EHS lid and I need to pick up a Uni-Filter and a 13t gear. I will probably get a set of PRM nerf and heel gaurds and call it good.

I wish you would have came over and said hey. I did see another red and black 700xx too though. We didn't camp out there. We parked right there next to the GBS and rode around from there. We drove down for the day from Vegas and drove back that night. Next time we will be more prepared for Glamis. We are out here working on Hoover Dam and we should be back next winter too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was on a black/charcoal 700xx but don't think the tail light is banged up. The quad is new. We go to Glamis once a year and I'm already thinking about next year. You will love the 13t on your next trip. I will also have all my extras for next year and looking fwd to seeing how it performs.

We camped out right at the end of vendor row. We were the group with the big rig and tractor trailer. You may have seen it when you left GBS to head towards Olds.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw some tractor trailers but I pretty much had blinders on I guess in the parking lot. I tried to get my buddies to go over to vendor row to see if anything was in there and the didn't want to.
So there must have been at least 4 700XX's running around then. My boss rides a 400ex and was hoping to get his 700xx back from CT Racing to take down there to Glamis but it didn't get done it time. He is on his way back from CA as I type this. It should be a monster from all the stuff they did to it. They have had it since a week before Christmas. I hope to get some pics of it tomorrow before we head out to Springerville AZ.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm interested to see what CT racing did to it. Post the pics if you can. Cheers!
Well I got to see it for a total of 10 minutes and I didn't have my camera with me. It looks stock other than the Ct Racing pipe and muffler. But it sure don't sound stock. He didn't have a chance to ride it as we are packing up and headed down to AZ for about a month. Maybe we'll get to ride down there. If we do I'll try to get some pics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I was going to try to get some pics of my boss's 700XX before he traded it in on a Can-Am 800 but I couldn't get out of bed after working nights early enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in pennsylvania, ive watched countless videos of glamis, i hope someday i can ride in the dunes and do some sand drags with my blaster!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts