Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just put on my full HMF exhaust today. I also have the HMF optimizer. The head pipe is glowing red after just a couple minutes. We set the optimizer at 1.5-3.5-4 which helped a little but it still gets cherry red. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is about 28*f here in Columbus right now. So my head pipe will always be red every time i ride? Or is where it is so cold causing it to glow more? Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1.5-3.5-3.5 was the stock reading when the optimizer was first hooked up. Idk about all this stuff. Its my first build. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the cold dense air leaning it out?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help...Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine glowed from first day I got mine! Its from runing lean from factory! I called dealer about mine, couple days after getn it, they said it wuz normal! Even said the bikes do same thang! Programmer will help little, but if u ride n woods, you'll hav to sit further back, or ride with knee stickn out on that side! Lol not sure if header wrap will help or hurt it! Got mine n november of 08!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
~~~Update on the pipe~~~

Ok, so I have taken the 700 out for the past couple days. Ive noticed that my headpipe is barely glowing at all. The only times I have taken her out has been dark so I would be able to tell better than in the daylight. It has a little glow to it, but you can barely see it. Thanks for all the help everyone! Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts