Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I want to try to... but I dont know where to start...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah i dont know were you are from but i would like to get into gncc racing i live in alabama i used to race moto cross @ harescrambles in florida back in the late 1970s to 1984. the 700xx is an awsome gncc machine in my book

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm up in the snow belt...ohio!

If i get one i wouldn't mind trying some GNCC races as well. My only concern is that all the reviews i've read say it's great going straight over whoops, but not so great at turing. When it does turn it will push before it slides. Also from the searching i've done the only racing the 700xx does is desert racing. So there is no knowledgebase to pull from on how to make this thing work in the woods.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am signed up to run the VXCS this year. It is a gncc style series but it runs all it's races in Virginia. Easer to run all the races and make a run at the points! Virginia Cross Country Series. I have a few adjustments to make from desert racing, but the EHS Racing 700XX will be ready!

·
Registered
207 Posts
shifterracer: not to be rude... but if you had read the reviews about these things ON THIS SITE, the thing is a beast in the woods and trails... it runs over everything, no need to put your tires on the rocks and tree stumps, you have the clearance to go right over them. As for the turning... it is IRS not a straight axle, yes it takes 5 minutes to learn how to drive them, but once you do, the raptor boys will try to keep up... it doesn't drift, it catches and goes.

So, that being said, I think this would tear up the GNCC races.

I just don't know how to get into them....

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
kelodwro, We where all newby's at one stage.
Best bet would be go onto the AMA website and do some digging. It's all there , you just have to find it.
As for tree dodging it is the best !
Just race the bugger and enjoy.:D:D:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
get a bigger bumper and run them over Bax!!!! lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your right Bax... I am sorry Shifter... I was wrong to be like that...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no need to apologize kelodwro. I should have done some more research instead of just asking. What can i say, I’m an impatient guy! J

My biggest concern with this quad is its handling. I made a mistake last year and bought a Polaris sportsman 800 because I was not sure of the terrain I would be riding on. The guys I would be riding with said that was the way to go for where they ride. One trip to Hatfield and I learned I should have gotten something more sporty! With that big beast there was NO way to slide it, which I like to do. Jumping an 800lb quad is also very scary! I’m not saying I want to catch some big air, but a little air sure would be nice J Competing in a gncc would be nice also as I LOVE to race. Doing that with the polaris was not something I wanted to do as I felt uncomfortable really hauling butt on it. At least with the 700xx I can add a rear sway bar to get it to rotate better. I could also buy some shocks which was not available for the polaris.

Thanks everybody for the help. Now I just need to pull the trigger and buy it!

·
Registered
667 Posts
i'll sell you mine! how big is your budget???!!!! lol just kidding I would not sell it, I encourage you to "pull the trigger"

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
no need to apologize kelodwro. I should have done some more research instead of just asking. What can i say, I’m an impatient guy! J

My biggest concern with this quad is its handling. I made a mistake last year and bought a Polaris sportsman 800 because I was not sure of the terrain I would be riding on. The guys I would be riding with said that was the way to go for where they ride. One trip to Hatfield and I learned I should have gotten something more sporty! With that big beast there was NO way to slide it, which I like to do. Jumping an 800lb quad is also very scary! I’m not saying I want to catch some big air, but a little air sure would be nice J Competing in a gncc would be nice also as I LOVE to race. Doing that with the polaris was not something I wanted to do as I felt uncomfortable really hauling butt on it. At least with the 700xx I can add a rear sway bar to get it to rotate better. I could also buy some shocks which was not available for the polaris.

Thanks everybody for the help. Now I just need to pull the trigger and buy it!

with everything you said you should pull the trigger you WILL NOT be disappointed! I have never ridden a quad and the 700xx is my first, she gets me through everything and I mean everything! There is nothing I can say I fear so long as I am on my quad...its an awesome ride!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
306 Posts
You will need to do a few mods like tires to get it to slide better. I used itp xct and it helped it instantly to slide in the turn. Also after riding for a couple minutes you will learn how to get it to break loose when you want and how to make it catch when you want. It is a great woods bike for rear clearance compared to the single rear axle bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You will need to do a few mods like tires to get it to slide better. I used itp xct and it helped it instantly to slide in the turn. Also after riding for a couple minutes you will learn how to get it to break loose when you want and how to make it catch when you want. It is a great woods bike for rear clearance compared to the single rear axle bikes.
Yes sir, I wish all the members that don't have Razr could ride an XX that has them. It's night and day difference, I'd rank it the #1 mod even over my built top end.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I said it was my fuel controller on the other post but it is very hard to decide. I wanted the extra push but the tires mean so much to how it handles

·
Registered
7 Posts
i race mideast harescrambles and this quad rocks. havent tried gncc but i might run up at snowshoe this year. ill get some pics up of my bike asap. racing woods is the way to go irs simply is the best thing ever invented in my opinion

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well I don't know about the GNCC but I will be running the VXCS!! Dave (phucknuts) said I could run it with him and his crew, so that I will!!! I am buying some safety gear and getting really excited!!! Woot!!!
Thanks Dave for the offer!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts