Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The camera was handle bar mounted on my quad, so it's a little on the shaky side, but it's still watchable. My fiance was in front of me on her 400ex and my friend was in front of her on his 450X.
It was a great time and the Ashland Resort we stayed at seemed nicer than any of the others we saw in our area. With all the rocks, I was very glad I was on an IRS quad! haha
We rode 162 miles from Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon. I felt like I got hit by a bus on the ride home. But it was worth every second. The trails just keep going and going, and we only rode 2 of the 5 systems.
I highly recommend going if you have never been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6FQN4OeT8&feature=channel&list=UL

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Is this an HD GoPro, nice video, where did you catch that first trail head, I like riding Outlaw trails, they are nice and not too many riders on them. Just need a good gps or a local guide.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this an HD GoPro, nice video, where did you catch that first trail head, I like riding Outlaw trails, they are nice and not too many riders on them. Just need a good gps or a local guide.
Yes it is an HD Go Pro. Thanks. We got on right outside of where we were staying at Ashland Resort.
Ya, I kind of liked the Outlaw trails a little better, but we didn't have a good GPS so we were kind of riding blind and just happened to end up running back into the Hatfield McCoy connector trail between Pinnacle and Indian Ridge.
We bought a map at Riders paradise of the Outlaw trails, but the guy took our $ before we saw the map, it was pretty worthless. Looked like his kid drew the map in 1st grade, haha

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
You don't really need a good gps, just as long as you have one. I have a eTrex Legend® HCx you can get for low $200 or so. And then just down load the maps for FREE and the trails at,

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/500/

The above link takes you to the file with all the HM and common outlaw trails.

"WV ATV Trails 3.0 Map" Bobt has some good files on there. And oh yea nice video!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Got that link and downloaded his maps but there are allot of them and some of them are riding on paved roads/streets which I thought most of them were illegal but there is some good info.

That's the same gps that I use which is nice as long as there isn't that much vibration or else it shuts down so you have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got that link and downloaded his maps but there are allot of them and some of them are riding on paved roads/streets which I thought most of them were illegal but there is some good info.
You are actually allowed to drive on the streets up there.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
That's the same gps that I use which is nice as long as there isn't that much vibration or else it shuts down so you have to keep an eye on it.
What type of mount do you use, mine has never shut off? I know when I got it, others were saying they will unless h/wired. I even hung my quad in a tree one day and gps was still on. Only time mine shuts off is when it goes dead. I do use NiMH rechargeable batteries.

You are actually allowed to drive on the streets up there.
Yea alot of the trails we ride in W.Va. you have to hit some blacktop every now and then to get to the next trail. I have never rode the trails mapped over there. My family lives a bit north of HM. But we do ride close to some of the marked outlaw trails. We just call them trails, there all over the state. Easter weekend we did a 52 mile loop around the house! Some of this was on 2 lane highway, some way back paved hollars, and most was creek and dirt trails.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Looks like fun except the weather was not the greatest, which part of the Hatfield system were you on? Sure would like to ride that Outlaw trail one day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like fun except the weather was not the greatest, which part of the Hatfield system were you on? Sure would like to ride that Outlaw trail one day.
The weather was actually pretty nice after saturday morning. the video just looks bad because there was condensation in the waterproof gopro case.

we stay at ashland resort and ride indian ridge and pinnacle creek. obviously we ride the outlaw trails too. I actually like them better as they are less ridden.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The weather was actually pretty nice after saturday morning. the video just looks bad because there was condensation in the waterproof gopro case.

we stay at ashland resort and ride indian ridge and pinnacle creek. obviously we ride the outlaw trails too. I actually like them better as they are less ridden.
Did you see a red trx700xx at ashland resort last weekend? I was there from wednesday night to sunday morning and our group had the 2 big cabins in the corner. The trails are awesome as always but I wish it didn't rain as much because there were puddles everywhere. I was also the only one in our group to climb the stair step, no one else even tried lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you see a red trx700xx at ashland resort last weekend? I was there from wednesday night to sunday morning and our group had the 2 big cabins in the corner. The trails are awesome as always but I wish it didn't rain as much because there were puddles everywhere. I was also the only one in our group to climb the stair step, no one else even tried lol.
Ya i saw you ride bye. i waved but i dont think you saw me. we havent even made it to the stair steps yet. are they to the left on your way to riders paradise?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ya i saw you ride bye. i waved but i dont think you saw me. we havent even made it to the stair steps yet. are they to the left on your way to riders paradise?
Sorry I guess I didn't notice you. And yes they are. Once you get to the top of that paved road and it turns to a dirt road it's on your left. That's the top of the stair step and there's a trail going down and around it to the bottom where you can try the steps. I stayed towards the left side and it wasn't that bad, just pinned in 2nd gear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts