Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is an AZ Gophersnake. Anybody else have any ideas? It was about 3-4 feet long.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have no clue but it is a pretty cool looking snake. Looks like it was about to get eaten by a t-rex.:lmao:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep that is a Gopher snake, sometimes referred to as a Bull snake. They get really big I have seen them in excess of 6 feet. Sometimes they imitate a rattle snake, coil and strike. Even though they are not poisonous they can deliver a nasty bite.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have no idea. But I'd shoot it.

Nah I wouldn't they eat rodent's, I come across snakes all the time in the desert they don't bother anyone, unless you start messing with them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nah I wouldn't they eat rodent's, I come across snakes all the time in the desert they don't bother anyone, unless you start messing with them.
Well you are knowledgable, I am not. If I was sure it wasn't poisonous I wouldn't shoot it. If I am unsure of the poison factor, I get nervous, I know, I am a wuss.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep that is a Gopher snake, sometimes referred to as a Bull snake. They get really big I have seen them in excess of 6 feet. Sometimes they imitate a rattle snake, coil and strike. Even though they are not poisonous they can deliver a nasty bite.
I thought about trying to pick it up. It seemed pretty mellow. Probably good that I just left him alone.

It'd be cool to see a 6 footer

·
Registered
446 Posts
if I remember right Bullsnakes eat rattlesnakes and are immune to their venom.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The other day I was riding my 700xx around my house in Nashville, TN. I rode over a 6ft black rat snake. I had no chance to stop until after I had run it over. I thought I had killed it at first but after it sat in the same position it was in when I ran it over for about 2 min. It just slithered away like nothing happened. That's just a testament to the amazing suspension on the 700xx.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
The other day I was riding my 700xx around my house in Nashville, TN. I rode over a 6ft black rat snake. I had no chance to stop until after I had run it over. I thought I had killed it at first but after it sat in the same position it was in when I ran it over for about 2 min. It just slithered away like nothing happened. That's just a testament to the amazing suspension on the 700xx.
:funny:

·
Registered
574 Posts
if I remember right Bullsnakes eat rattlesnakes and are immune to their venom.
I don't know for sure about a Bull snake killing a Rattler, but a King snake will for sure.
A Roadrunner can kill a Rattlesnake also. I didn't believe it when someone told me, but later I did get to see it on a nature show on the local PBS station.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Think MAN vs.WILD. dinner that thing sure looks nourishing and kinda a we bit tasty. yum yum set up camp, make a fire we have fresh meat.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I see so many mice while I ride and a huge jack rabbits once. Also lot's of lizzards, birds and spiders. They dart across the trail all the time. I've yet to see a snake though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I see so many mice while I ride and a huge jack rabbits once. Also lot's of lizzards, birds and spiders. They dart across the trail all the time. I've yet to see a snake though.
The last 4 or 5 rides in the desert I have seen snakes, all kinds including a very large Rattler. I see them so often I don't think to take a picture. I even came across a Gila Monster, which I did take a picture of.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The last 4 or 5 rides in the desert I have seen snakes, all kinds including a very large Rattler. I see them so often I don't think to take a picture. I even came across a Gila Monster, which I did take a picture of.

Thats nice. I haven't seen any of those around yet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thats nice. I haven't seen any of those around yet.
You are lucky to see a Gila Monster. In 30 years of tromping around the desert that one was #4. In case you didn't know they are Poisonous. They move slow and are timid. You will only get bit if you are asking for it.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I hate snakes, I'd follow it with my lawn mower to mow it up...

And Nikki is serious, she hopped in the back of her car on my lap one day in one fluid move cuz of a small ass spider on her windshield.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts