Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have the 727 kit with pp head +1 valves 290 webcams full exhaust barkers cp12.5.1 piston Can I RUN 93 octane on the motor

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
No, I wouldnt...I wouldnt run pump gas on anything higher than 11:1 on a XX. Who did your PP on your head, what 727 bb kit do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Cool. Where do you ride? I'm guessing from you saying 93 octane you are not from CA lol. Another member on here has the Thumper Racing BB too.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Orlando so what should I do ??? To run pump gas ???
Get a lower comp piston. I dont know that they make a 11:1 for the BB though.

Why do I see these 450 on a 12.??? Piston on pump gas
Someone other than me can anwser this better for you. I asked the same question as you when I was a stock bore running 12:1 and people I trust said it wouldnt be safe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing I Email the guy from thumper racing and he told me yes and some people no FUCK!!!! Then in the forms it's the same shit lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
im running 93 on a cr125r i have and it is 15:1.1.... its just more sluggish and could cause a labor knock

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Yeah when I had my first build done by Alba they told me it was fine to run on pump gas (12:1) then I talked to the guys on here and they said it wouldnt be safe especially since I ride in the dunes. A lot of people talked about the weight of the XX being part of the reason why it wouldnt be safe to do it on a XX but would be on a 450...But like I said im a retard when it comes to this stuff so I pay someone else to do it so I dont have to stress over it lol.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Personally I would not run under 100 octane with that high of a compression. I run an 11:1 piston and run 100 octane simply for peace of mind, and its alot better quality fuel than pump gas.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i prefer to run high octanes to a point.... if you go to high of a octane your wasting your money... my CR is setup for 110 octane but it will run on 93

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think with your cam and piston, your compression is probably in the 11:1 range. Forgot the website to the calculator I use to use.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Do you have a problem finding something higher than pump gas in your area?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
off topic, but would it help or hurt anything to run ~100 octane in a motor with stock internals? If its that much better than "premium" pump gas i may start to look around for some out here.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Mine ping sometimes under hard load with a 11:1 cp with 91, but cylinder is shaved to get 0.045 of piston to head clearance.Now I use the klotz itrate and it's gone.With 12.5 I think you play with fire,google some pics of what detonation do ... Put at least 50/50 with race gas.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
off topic, but would it help or hurt anything to run ~100 octane in a motor with stock internals? If its that much better than "premium" pump gas i may start to look around for some out here.
No need with stock compression ratio , too much octane is slowing combustion with low compression engine

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
good to know. Ill keep that in mind if i ever decide to go into the motor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts