Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I traded my 700xx for a ltr450. I overall loved my 700xx but the ltr450 suites my riding style alot more. Anybody hear anything bad about the lrt450's that I should know about? Any special things I should look out for when riding or maintaining?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Buddy used to race one, he blew it up twice around the 20 hr Mark. Didn't trust it anymore and sold it for big loss to race trx450r. He now has 2 hondas, ones a 520 or so and the others a built 450. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
In my YouTube video it was a LTR450 that burnt to the ground

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully mine doesn't act up on me. I'm always VERY good about properly maintaining my machines so I think I should be ok. I usually go out for 3-4 gncc races a year so It wont be raced all the time. I usually ride sand pits or go for practice days at the local tracks. I rode afew ltr's in the past and loved the way they felt. I know it wont be as reliable as my 700xx was.....Im just hoping I wont run into any major problems that will cost me big $$$$$$

·
Registered
291 Posts
Keep the fuel system clean and you'll be ok. I got rid of the filter under the tank and put one in line right before the fuel pump. Check out LTR450HQ, should be a write up on there on which one to get and how to install it. The under tank filter was about $50. The in-line you can see when the filter needs to be changed and you can get like 3 for $5-$10.

Frames are stout. Probaly the best 450 frame. It's heavier than the rest of them but you shouldn't have any issues with cracking/breaks. Weakest spot was at the footpegs and if you feel inclined Walsh makes gussets to fix it.

For GNCC's - You can get some Z400 hubs and 4-1 offset front wheels to narrow it down a bit. You'll want the suspension re-worked for the woods as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
FYI, I miss my LTR. I had it completely XC race ready and then I got the KTM bug. Didn't have enough cash for a KTM when LTR and all the parts sold so I ended up buying this 700xx.

·
Registered
755 Posts
2006+2007 Were the most reliable years for ltr's. 08 and up have 3rd gear problems. 08 and up are a tiny bit faster with different cams, exhaust, and compression. They also softened the suspension and have a new ecu that acts as a traction enhancer. If it were me, I would go with an 08 and just fix 3rd gear when it goes.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I already have a Pc3 USB, DMC full exhaust, and full nerfs with fat pegs on it now. I had it out sunday and I can clear a 60ft double I could never come close on with the 700xx. I really miss my XX tho :/ Anybody know anything about running the cherrybomb mod with the Pc3 USB? Would they work well together? Im new to suzuki machines in general. Ive always owned Honda's untill now

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you already have the PC3, you don't need the cherry bomb, the pc3 does the same thing with much more adjustability.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you already have the PC3, you don't need the cherry bomb, the pc3 does the same thing with much more adjustability.
Thanks! I was about to buy one on ebay earlier too, lol. Aftermarket is pretty crazy for these things.......its gonna be an expensive winter :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
PC III comes with it's own version of the cherry bomb and it does need to be plugged in.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PC III comes with it's own version of the cherry bomb and it does need to be plugged in.
So you are saying I should use the Cherry Bomb and the PC3 together?

·
Registered
505 Posts
So you are saying I should use the Cherry Bomb and the PC3 together?
No, the PC3 comes with its own plug that will go there, the cherry bomb is different and not needed.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ooooo ok, i got yah! im gonna get it dynoted sometime soon. Im not sure how the guy had it done

·
Registered
369 Posts
good luck with the trade i want to trade my 700xx for a 450 also how do u like the ltr must handle like a dream compared and the 700 lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i went on a dune trip with three ltrs a trx and my 700. sadly the two hondas were the only ones still running by the end of the trip. hope it goes good for you though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've heard the ltr had problems with its tranny for a few years but there's an easy fix for it, don't remember what it was in particular.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Friend has a 06 LTR450, it don't run bad when its running, its one thing after another with it, sooner or later it has to stop breaking, i taken it for a ride, seems like there small, and swing arm seems short, not alot of room if you want to put 22s under it, mabe some will fit thou, not sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts