Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up 2 rear ITP Sand Star tires (22x11x10) mounted on 2 Douglas Blue Label .125 Polished Aluminum wheels with 700xx bolt pattern 4/144.

I got them brand new for $275 and free shipping. was this a good deal? anyone else run this setup and have feedback? thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have the sand stars of the same size. I am happy with them. Not sure what rims they are on. I'm not an all out drag racer, but I think they are good tires

·
Registered
160 Posts
I run 20" Sand Stars on Douglas (.160) Black Labels with my 400ex. I like them. I only had one day at Florence where they tended to dig a bit. That was on a day when the sand was unusually dry and powdery. With the 22's you'll have a bit more tire (not to mention more power than a 400...) to float over the sand a little better. The Blue Labels are light which can also help the unsprung weight. A couple guys in our club have taco'd their Blue Labels, but that is usually because they hit something hard or clipped a tree. I've been impressed with my Black Labels. They've held up to quite a bit of abuse. I've hit more than my fair share of trees and stumps, but you would never know it.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I'm a little nervous about the rims becoming a toco off a big jump, I hear they are pretty easy to bend. guess I will find out in 2 weeks when I head out to either florence, or winchester bay.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're headed over to the Florence area on March 26th NWQuadriders will be there for our annual SOLV beach cleanup (and ride). We'll be staging at Goose Pasture.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're headed over to the Florence area on March 26th NWQuadriders will be there for our annual SOLV beach cleanup (and ride). We'll be staging at Goose Pasture.
cool, I will keep an eye out for you if thats where we end up.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I just picked up 2 rear ITP Sand Star tires (22x11x10) mounted on 2 Douglas Blue Label .125 Polished Aluminum wheels with 700xx bolt pattern 4/144.

I got them brand new for $275 and free shipping. was this a good deal? anyone else run this setup and have feedback? thanks.
I think you should sell them and buy my Skat Trak's lol J/K. That was a good deal and those are a good all around tire...have fun at the dunes

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you should sell them and buy my Skat Trak's lol J/K. That was a good deal and those are a good all around tire...have fun at the dunes
lol I kinda wanted skats, but I think I will be happy with the sand stars, especially for the price.

·
Registered
446 Posts
it's all about the $$$, if you got it, buy the skats, if not, make due lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts