Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of a few parts that will be going on a new build in the next few months. I'll have a few new parts to showcase in the next week or so and will post up as I get them.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Congrats, I can’t wait to see everyone’s builds come together. It's cool we are all doing something a little different from each other; we will be able to find out what works and what doesn’t.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Smooth... When i emailed them 2 months ago and they told me you could only add 12% fuel to their maps, which were made for a big 3 700xx. They then told me the software to make bigger changes was 900.00 extra. It did win the Baja 1000 this year though. Did you purchase the software?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Smooth... When i emailed them 2 months ago and they told me you could only add 12% fuel to their maps, which were made for a big 3 700xx. They then told me the software to make bigger changes was 900.00 extra. It did win the Baja 1000 this year though. Did you purchase the software?
The maps can be manually adjusted +/- 12%, You can also build your own base maps as well. For most builds the supplied maps are more than adequate and can actually support cams and higher comp pistons as well. I'd spoke with them off and on over the past year and would have had one 8-9 months ago if I hadn't stepped away as I did for awhile.
The software is $250.00 and I will be ordering it Monday. If anyone else were to purchase a Vortex ECU I would be willing to ship the laptop with my software installed for $50.00 rental. I know it's kinda shitty to rent it but at the cost I'd need to recoup a few bucks. I downloaded the trial software and have spoken to a Canadian tuner that uses it and it well beyond PCIII software.
I know some will quack about the price of both the ECU and software but I'm sure in time it will decline. If you look at what you get with the ECU though it's not all that bad. You get a complete ECU, not a piggyback unit. Within this you can adjust rev limits, fuel and timing. At this time no one even makes a plug in module for the timing. Another plus is the user controls, You get the best of both worlds that you get with a PCIII and dobek. You can build custom maps and manually adjust them on the go which both others offer but not together. I could go on and on but I'll just answer questions the best I can, The Vortex may not be for everyone but I'm sold it's what I need to get the best out of what ever parts I put together.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I might have purchased the Vortex when i switched from the dobeck to the pcv, but the price scared me away. I looked back at the email it was 800.00 AUD? Can't wait to see how your build turns out with the timing added.

PROGRAMMING HARDWARE KIT (ECU):- AUD$249 retail
ECU SOFTWARE :- AUD$550 (includes 1 BASE MAP For start of development)

Additional Base Maps : AUD$200 each model

So far we have won the Baja 1000 witha DRI backed quad and also the Australian Safari (mini Dakar) with our locally sponsored rider.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might have purchased the Vortex when i switched from the dobeck to the pcv, but the price scared me away. I looked back at the email it was 800.00 AUD? Can't wait to see how your build turns out with the timing added.

PROGRAMMING HARDWARE KIT (ECU):- AUD$249 retail
ECU SOFTWARE :- AUD$550 (includes 1 BASE MAP For start of development)

Additional Base Maps : AUD$200 each model

So far we have won the Baja 1000 witha DRI backed quad and also the Australian Safari (mini Dakar) with our locally sponsored rider.
It ran me $715.51 shipped. The software should be a little less than 260 shipped

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
i think that will work quite well for you i havent ever played with one but the seem pretty robust. I have another company that im just starting to work with that im going to be testing some stuff very shortly that is a complete stand alone system pretty much like a slighlty tuned downed motech but for much less $$ and atv focused. It will still be more than the vortex though i think being able to control timing will be important for the big xx builds

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had my own cylinder made and waiting for it to be finished up. I went with a different method than what WK uses.
I may be interested in getting my TB done though. I had a hack job done on mine that Jarrod (SimplyOrange) is going to see about getting refinished. If his buddy can't fix it I'll look into goin with the +3, it's currently +2.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you guys are insane with some of your mods....i have to many different toys to play in yalls sandbox.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
you guys are insane with some of your mods....i have to many different toys to play in yalls sandbox.
I'm going to go broke trying to keep up with boost,smooth, chris, and crwh45 :lmao:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm going to go broke trying to keep up with boost,smooth, chris, and crwh45 :lmao:

dont even try it if you know whats good for you, i have an idea of what smooth1 is doing and im spending too much buying his leftover parts...

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
dont even try it if you know whats good for you, i have an idea of what smooth1 is doing and im spending too much buying his leftover parts...
Lol. I'm interested in seeing what Smooth and Chris come up with, they are staying pretty quite about their builds lol. I got a few things in the works to try and keep up with them and Boost :rock:

·
Registered
528 Posts
i just want mine to run quietly and keep its damn problems to itself. :D

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
i just want mine to run quietly and keep its damn problems to itself. :D
:lmao: Yeah I was reading about all of problems you had with your XX, I guess I've been lucky because the only problem I had with my XX was it was to slow, other than that its never had a problem lol. Now that I said that I'm sure I'll blow the motor at Glamis.

·
Registered
528 Posts
oil is the key. watch it like a hawk, mine had 3 factory oil leaks, one being the case seam its self, the other being the drive gear cover and the left crank cover....also had the screen in the oil resovoir clogged with what seemed to be assembly lube....just check the oil always.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts