Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday riding in the Florence, OR dunes my flag broke off the grab bar. It actually pulled the weld thru the bar. I have heard of this on another 700xx.

Has anyone else had this problem.

This sucks because I have only ridden in the dunes about 6 times with the flag mounted. I normally ride in the mountains and do not use the flag.

I wonder what honda will say about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes I did.
I took the bike to the dealer and they took pictures to show I didn't roll it or crash.
as soon as the part came in they replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had the same problem. They only weld one side of the mount to the grab bar. Mine broke while riding at Horsfall at the dunes south of Florance. Went into Coos Bay and the Honda dealer warrenty the parts right then and there . left with a new grab bar but it will brake again. Honda Racing makes a real nice 1 1/4 grab bar for $104.00 Pricey but real sturdy and welded on both sides!!! Lots of after market stuff out there much better then the stock.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I plan to weld the mount on all sides that touch the grab bar... Havent looked, it has more than 1 contact point correct?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I took my grab bar off and welded the underside of the tab. That should be sufficient. Only havin the top welded, as it comes stock, is pretty cheap of honda, but o well. With a weld on the bottom side it shouldn't pull off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts