Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I would like to say hello to any and all members of this forum. My name is Matt Fasig & I am a representative of Alba Action Sports. We have just established ourselves as an official sponsor of this forum. You should hopefully see our banner-ad periodically as you visit.

In addition to formally introducing myself I wanted to let everybody know that I am here to help and provide a service for you guys (& girls!). We have spent hundreds of hours working with this awesome machine, and as such, know it very well. We sponsor Wayne Matlock. He is a full-ride-Honda professional racer whose primary field of interest is desert & endurance style racing. In case nobody has heard of him (since I understand desert racing does not receive the same exposure as closed circuit MX) He swept the SCORE offroad racing series (Baja 250, Baja 500, Baja 1000!, etc...) in 2008, and has already won the San Felipe 250 this year! He also races many other less recognized series such as Best in the Desert, District 38, etc. Having someone of this caliber ride for us allows us to thoroughly test & develop the products & engine kits which we sell!

What this means for you, is that we have had the honor of working closely with Honda, as well as many reputable aftermarket companies on developing this quad from a casual sport quad to a high-performance machine! If there is ever a question or concern you have, send it my way! I am not guaranteeing that I will be able to answer it, however I have many conections in the industry (including American Honda) and should be able to at least point you in the right direction! We also sell practically every aftermarket & OEM part available for this quad. I urge you to give us a chance with your business, as we pride ourselves on customer service.

Thanks for taking the time (if you got this far!!!) to read about Alba & myself. I look forward to being involved in this forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks dude.hey i was wondering when are you guys going to make an exhaust kit for the trx700xx,i bought complete kits for both my 450s and there awesome,kik ass sound and a lot more power.i saw matlocks quad down in san felipe but it didnt have a pipe from alba.how come?hopefully you guys start making kits soon.thanx.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust

Hello,

I am glad you brought that up, because given we make exhaust systems, you would think Wayne would run our exhaust. The truth of the matter is that we were still in the process of testing different configurations when HMF offered Wayne a sponsorship & encentive deal he could not pass up. And since the exhaust worked well and we were still working with ours we did not mind. He is running our engine kits and we do all of his engine work.

Ironically, after that we put the exhaust on the "back burner" and began working on our engine kits. Now that we have perfected our engine packages, we are working back on the exhaust!

We should have something ready to sell within a month or two. Hope you can wait! Keep in mind, that while I would love for you to wait and get our exhaust, if you do not want to wait we are a dealer for every brand exhaust you can think of. We will also price match and "hook-you-up" if you mention this forum when you order! If you get any flack, ask for me and I will take care of you!

Thanks for your interest,
Matt Fasig
Alba Action Sports
(800) 487-3236
www.albaaction.com

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Matt

Does the 450r exhaust fit our 700xx, went on your website but you only sale the DG for the 700xx. Looking for a slip on.

Thanks
JoeB

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hello,

Now that we have perfected our engine packages, we are working back on the exhaust!

We should have something ready to sell within a month or two. Hope you can wait! Keep in mind, that while I would love for you to wait and get our exhaust, if you do not want to wait we are a dealer for every brand exhaust you can think of. We will also price match and "hook-you-up" if you mention this forum when you order! If you get any flack, ask for me and I will take care of you!

Thanks for your interest,
Matt Fasig
Alba Action Sports
(800) 487-3236
www.albaaction.com
Matt

Great that you are supporting the 700XX and to see you are developing an exhaust. Can you PLEASE make it with an exhaust bung for O2 sensor as stock?. I know this has an expense but you would stand out from the crowd as this is a feature no other company offers.

Linc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points!

Hello,

First off, let me appologize for the current condition of our website. We will be launching an entirely new site in mid-June (hopefully!!!). This new site has been the main focus of our marketing attention, and as such the existing website does not contain the comprehensive content it should. I can assure you that over the next few months, we will flood our new website with all the goodies that it should have.

EXHAUST!!! Ozlinc, thank you for the recommendation. I will take it under advisement and we will more than likely implement a bung into our header! That is a fantastic idea given the new PC5 w/auto tune seems to be the hot ticket for "do-it-yourself" engine upgrading. Thank you for your input!

Nash04 - The TRX450 slip-on does not fit the TRX700XX. Please call or e-mail/PM me if you are in the market for an exhaust system. I will offer you a discount for your inconvenience as well as for being affiliated to this forum. I appreciate you taking the time to visit our site, and I am sorry it did not have the content you were looking for. I assure you that issue will be tackled on our new site!

·
Registered
133 Posts
EXHAUST!!! Ozlinc, thank you for the recommendation. I will take it under advisement and we will more than likely implement a bung into our header! That is a fantastic idea given the new PC5 w/auto tune seems to be the hot ticket for "do-it-yourself" engine upgrading. Thank you for your input!
That would be FANTASTIC! :yay:

Personally, that would be a definite buy for me. I was planning on upgrading to a full system in the next couple of months, and right now am trying to decide between FMF and HMF. As it stands right now, I want to upgrade to the PC5, but I can't run it because I don't have the tools/know-how to weld the O2 sensor & bung. Plus, I don't trust any of the TCN workers here in Qatar to do any decent work.
If Alba offers a full system with the bung already implemented into the header, I would say screw the FMF/HMF debate because that would be an automatic sale in my book.

So, Matt, I really hope that works out! :) Thanks for the consideration and keep us posted.

Good idea, Oz! :tup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey thaks for the information matt ill defenetly wait for the alba pipes for sure. give us a heads up when their out.hopefully you guys release it in a package with everything you need.anyway,thanks matt you have been very helpful.ill ask for you next time im in teh store,later dude.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Matt,
What kind of sound levels can we expect from your pipes?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DB's!!!

We utilize a "race-style" canister on our exhaust systems (with the exception of our SXS exhaust systems) which is made up of a perforated steel core surrounded by sound absorbing packing, encased by an aluminum oval sleeve. One very cool point of interest is that we use a two-piece packing element which consists of a chain-male sheath over a steel-wool mesh. This metal "stuff" wraps tightly around the perforated core, creating a heat barrier between the core and the fiberglass packing. You see this commonly on high-end street bike exhaust systems, due to how much it increases the life of the packing. Although it increased the cost of manufacturing our exhaust systems, we have found that it literally makes the packing last 4-5 times longer! This is especially true with the big-bore engines. We were sceptical about how it may affect the sound-absorbing ability of the canister and to our amazement & surprise it actually decreased the sound output of our exhaust by an average of 1/2 decible. Given that decibles are logarithmic and not linear, this is actually a noticable decrease!

Anyway...getting to the question...we typically see db ratings around 100-104 dbs. The weird thing about this is that it is very dependant on where & how the test is conducted. We find many times that when we prepare for the WORCS series races, which have a db restriction of 96db, we will test here at our shop around 99-100 db, and at the WORCS race we test at 96-97 dbs. The variation can be accounted for by harmonic/sound reverbiration if the testing is conducted in a developed area. As well as what exact RPM the test is being taken at, and at what angle the instrument is in relation to the machine.

I know I seem to be "beating around the bush" with my answer. Though it is not a black and white question/answer. There is a big grey area in this topic. HOWEVER, my official answer would be that on average our exhaust systems blow about 100-101 db. Once we finish our exhaust system, I will be sure to disclose the outcome of our sound testing.

NOTE: We do offer a revolutionary style sound supressor which adapts to our endcap. This does a good job of reducing the sound without "killing" the power.

I hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thank you for shedding some light on this subject and your thoroughness. Perhaps including a baseline reading of the stock system under the same conditions would help as a guide. The main factors I am looking for in an exhaust system is low maintaince and a low sound output (low 90's) and still give the extra power.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I couldn't get past the AVATAR! lol:hey: Excellant repsonce!:tup::rock:

·
Registered
984 Posts
OK Matt,
I've been doing my homework and I like your exhausts. Since I'm the type of guy who deliberates and analyzes every decision to buy long before I get around to buying anything ( trust me this sucks when something breaks and i need to make a quick decision) and providing you add the O2 bung and the quiet core keeps the sound at 96db....I'm sold! In fact an Alba pipe sounds like a great Christmas gift for the kid and his DVX400 as well.

P.S. Your prices Rock!

·
Banned
711 Posts
their prices rock iam going to order half a grand worth of stuff from them in two weeks

hey matt do you have alba stickers for our quads if so id like a few of them

·
Registered
551 Posts
their prices rock iam going to order half a grand worth of stuff from them in two weeks

hey matt do you have alba stickers for our quads if so id like a few of them
Yea Hawk they do, I have Some on my 700! Good Quailyty stickers too thick, not thin and cheap. Dont come off when u pressure wash.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts