Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to fianlly pop in and say hello. I bought two 2008 TRX 700xx's last month. I never owned an ATV in my life nor have I ever rode one. To be honest with you all, I've always wanted one but always put the idea of owning one aside. I finally said to heck with it and broke down and bought two of them. I know nothing about ATV's really. I checked out Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, etc... I finally decided on the Honda TRX 700xxx. Mainly because they were the best bang for the buck. They are brand new 2008's fresh out of the crate and got them for a decent price compared to other Honda dealers in Arizona.

I live in Northern Arizona, about 15 minutes from Monument Valley here on the Navajo Nation. Plenty of space to take the ATV's basically anywhere around here. Excellent ATV country here.

Like I said, I never rode one until I got these. Stalled it a million times, but I'm finally getting the hang of it. I still stall once in awhile. other than that, I frickin' love these things! Plenty of power and handle great in my opinion. I'll get some pictures of them up here soon.

But i just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

Shonie

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I will have to stop in and say hi the next time I go to Durango. You might want to go here for some good info on what to look for on a new machine.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2338

Also a 13 tooth sprocket will help with the stalling they are cheap and easy to install.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skier,

Thanks for the info. I did read that and did everything except the first oil change because I haven't reached that time just yet.

I also read about the 13 tooth sprocket too. I just may do that. I used to be an auto/diesel mechanic for 13 years, so working on these puppies shouldn't be all that difficult.

One of my daughters goes to Fort Lewis College in Durango! You are always more than welcome to swing by Kayenta and do some riding in my neck of the woods, well I should rephrase that...my neck of the dunes and red sandstone. But seriously, contact me next time yer up this way.

We have been having some wicked weather for the past 2 weeks here. Tons of rain. At first I was kind of upset about it because it has been cutting into my boating time at Lake Powell. But now that I have these two 700xx's, the rain and mud aint so bad after all.
:xx:
Shonie

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The second one is for family members, ie: wife, father inlaw, brothers, sisters etc...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome Lake powell huh I've always wanted to go there.Can u ride by the lake.Yup you live in a good riden area.Don't run out of gas!!!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Lake powell huh I've always wanted to go there.Can u ride by the lake.Yup you live in a good riden area.Don't run out of gas!!!
There is a place at Lake Powell called Lone Rock where you can ride and it's right by the lake. Lots of sand! Actually thinking of heading up there this weekend with the boat and quads.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome Shonie, I grew up in Flagstaff, AZ so I know right where your at. I used to go to my siblings track meets and I remember some were at monument valley. Go get some paddles and go ride the Cinder hills just outside flag I've always had a blast out there and it really lets your machine's power loose with too much sketchyness. Anyways I live in UT now but if we ever head back down that way I'll be sure to say hello :xx:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Shonie, I grew up in Flagstaff, AZ so I know right where your at. I used to go to my siblings track meets and I remember some were at monument valley. Go get some paddles and go ride the Cinder hills just outside flag I've always had a blast out there and it really lets your machine's power loose with too much sketchyness. Anyways I live in UT now but if we ever head back down that way I'll be sure to say hello :xx:
I've seen those hills right around the juction of 89 and 160. I'm headed to Lake Powell tonight after work to camp tonight. We'll be boating and riding the 700's all day tomorrow @ Lone Rock!

Yeah, if yer ever out this way, look me up.

Shonie

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hey!!! Im out of Tucson actually riding up in Payson this weekend!! Welcome to the site! I think all of us AZ people ott to go ride together!!

Welcome to the site!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts