Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i was ridin yesterday and i noticed a wierd grinding noise comin from around or in the motor when i gassed on it or when i got up to a certain speed. i haven't noticed it before. any ideas on what it should be? i don't want to keep ridin it and somethin be messed up and that make it worse. so yeah, what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would inspect the chain drive system. Maybe there is a branch or debris of some kind lodged in or around the drive chain. Have you changed your sprocket recently? Someone posted that if it is reversed, or flipped around that it makes a weird noise.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not that. i havent changed my sprocket. i think its inside the motor. like around the cam in the top of the motor or on the right side if your sittin on the seat. i'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
for sure take it in if u think its around the cam could be cam fuckin up ur head

·
Registered
538 Posts
the heat sheild on the header pipe was loose on my xx after the 2nd ride, it was more of a vibrating noise, might not hurt to check that as well. I know others have had the same issue...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats actually probably what it is. i thought about that but i didn't have the time or tools to check and see and i forgot about it last night. i'll check it out before i ride again. but i hope thats all it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts