Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this isn't an XX question but I am debating on getting a 4x4 in addition to my XX in the near future. It is between the Grizzly and the Outlander. After reading shoot outs in dirt wheels the grizzly sounds better. They always seem to favor Yamaha though. I know the grizzly is a bit lighter. Any opinions? I am going to get power steering on either one I get. I can get them for about the same price.

Grizzly 700 vs Outlander 800

·
Registered
268 Posts
Outlander will have more power but will be more maintenance/problems the grizzly will be less powerful and have less maintenance/problems. So I would say if you don't need the extra power get the grizzly but if you need or want that extra power get the outlander.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Get the Renegade X xc !!! It'll only cost you what 3 XX's will at this point.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not looking at that price. I want a full utility w/racks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Very strong endorsement against the Outlander! I definately don't want to deal with all that crap! What's the point of a 4x4 if it can't make it through some water?

·
Registered
369 Posts
my brother in laws 08 outlander 800 belt always slips when the water gets deep

·
Registered
237 Posts
my local dealer had a demo day of the outlander the grizzly and the rincon I was surprised I liked the grizzly the best.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan on getting a snorkel kit but I definately dont want to deal with that belt slipping! I watched that happen to a guy. He was in some nasty stuff on an older sportsman and he kept getting stuck with his belt slipping in a hole I took my XX through. Anyone have belt problems with the grizzly? I heard the diff lock on the Grizzly is awesome

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
my cuzin once hade a grizzly... and i do gota say it has the best belt setup but if it got wet i would fail just like any other belt..... and he ran it for more than 2hr the gas would start boiling inside of the tank... also it wazs touchy at high speed and under powered for a 700... i think yamaha cheaped out by usen the basicly the same cranks, clylinder, piston, and head as the raptor..... and it dosnt have the reliability a utility sould have.... but overall it a great quad but id take a outlander overin anyday

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The Rotax is a beast, but I would have to go with the Grizz for the overall package. Did I really just pick the Yamaha?????

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I agree that the Outlander is fast for a 850lb? quad , but for the 4x4 capability i would go with the Grizz. I rolled mine twice and it's no fun having that beast on top of you lol. You already have the 700xx if you want to go fast also.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What can you do to keep the belts from getting wet? I've watched some quads go through some deep and nasty stuff with no problems. What makes the difference?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
and u can get a locker for the outlander for like 50$.... and the new visco lock is really good.... my ferind has a 04 650 and its never left us stuck on the trail...

like i said id get the outlander over the grizz but i would never own eaither... id get a rincon.. crwh45 has a built one that dose 85... and a 30$ for the locker for it..

1 - 20 of 58 Posts