• other... Please post your preference

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group buy for shocks... Take the poll if interested

Take the poll. Multiple choices are allowed. My first is Motowoz followed by Fox.

I am definately spending a couple grand in the next few weeks. We had a poll a while back with lots of interest. Ed at Teixeira is coming into his slow season and will do this for us if we can get 5 or more people. I'm thinking Fox but if Motowoz has the XX shocks ready they are the best made and I would want to go with them. I'll contact Ed if we get some interest and have him post the group buy in his thread in the sponsor section.

I'm also getting the CXC a-arms from Ed so if you want we can get a group price with those also. You can do your whole suspension withthe arms to get the XX to be one of the smoothest and best handling quads ever.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Got this picture from Jim at Motowoz last night. I got the LT fronts with preload, compression and rebound adjustment. He's posting them on Monday. Can't wait to try them.:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
those things look sexual, they have low and high speed adjustments? i would be interested in seein prices on the group buy for those, would it be motowoz front and rears or a mix and match mith elkas or fox

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I don't know if they do high speed compression. Never asked. I would email Jim for pricing and these are custom shocks not off the shelf shocks.
www.motowoz.com
Jims a real nice guy.
[email protected]
Never tried this brand of shock before but already a big fan, after to talking to him. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
those things look sexual, they have low and high speed adjustments? i would be interested in seein prices on the group buy for those, would it be motowoz front and rears or a mix and match mith elkas or fox
Do a search to find discounted pricing. I found compression only for $987. Compression and rebound, $1269. I do not believe there is a HS/LS adjustment option. My question for Baxter is, do they make rear shocks?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would be interested in seein prices on the group buy for those, x
Hey can you vote in the poll? We need to show that there are enough guys interested.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Do a search to find discounted pricing. I found compression only for $987. Compression and rebound, $1269. I do not believe there is a HS/LS adjustment option. My question for Baxter is, do they make rear shocks?
Ohhhh Yes ! Next on the list for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Bax, now I need your opinion. I can get the shocks with just compression front and rebound rear or vice versa and save $600. I am not a racer thoiugh have plans to do Whiplash racing, over 50 class but ride for fun 99%. You think I'll be OK with those, the CXC a arms from Teixeira and 9/16 sway from L8ton

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey can you vote in the poll? We need to show that there are enough guys interested.
the thin is with the riding i do i need high and low speed compression as well as rebound, so until i findout from motowoz what the shocks come with im not sure which ones i want, if that makes sense

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would be a very good setup and should serve you well.
Thanks. I believe I found my suspension after a few weeks of researching.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Got this picture from Jim at Motowoz last night. I got the LT fronts with preload, compression and rebound adjustment. He's posting them on Monday. Can't wait to try them.:D
I hope that means mine are close also! May just have to give Jim a call next week and see where he is at with them.

Motowoz does not currently have a high speed compression adjustment, just low speed and rebound. I know at one time Jim was workng on a dual compression adjuster, not sure where he stands with it, would have to ask him. I have owned two different sets of shocks on my 450R's with high speed adjustment and see no need for it on the front shocks. The shocks I owned I never touched it, low speed compression was all I needed. The rear shock I do like the high speed adjustment, but have been able to manage with out having it. Of course, this is on my SRA 450R's, who knows if I will think it is needed on a IRS quad.

You can also order the Motowoz fronts with no rebound adjustment to save some money. Personally, rebound is another adjustment I think you can live without for front shocks unless you are a hardcore racer. All my shocks have it, but I never touch it. I have owned front shocks in the past without rebound adjustments, never really thought I was missing anything. I continue to get shocks with rebound, but mainly because I have to set my quad up for multiple riders, so someday I figure I may want to adjust. Rears I would get rebound no doubt. I could deal with a quad that has to much front rebound, but not enough rear rebound gets scary. Would recomend rear rebound to fine tune to rider preference.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.