Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing new this time! I FINALLY got my quad back from my Honda dealer after its been there since 10/30/09!!!

The Original Problem:
Motor started knocking, i took it in for service. Once it was there they said I had ran it low on oil and that the engine was shot and needed to be rebuilt.

The Verdict:
Considering it was under warranty, I expected the entire bill to be covered. It was not leaking oil and I check the oil every time i ride it. It was my word against theirs and Honda America sides with the dealer. They originally offered to cover all the parts and I would be responsible for labor($750). That didn't fly too well with me. I talked to my attorney, she said they could be in violation of the "Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Act". The dealership originally was unwilling to work with me, so I called corp Honda America, filed a case, long story short with them, they read the regional service managers words to me word for word. As soon as I started talking technical to her about engines and how they work, and how oil can come out of them, she quickly shut me off and said "Mr. Swope, this is as good as its going to get." I then came back with "that's fine, i'll move forward with my attorney then". She quickly said, "that's fine, but our Good Will Offer is no longer offered."

So I called my dealer back and got a quote for the WHOLE thing - $2175.xx. Then called my attorney back and talked to her, they were ready to move forward. After a month, I finally got a call the quad was ready so I go up to talk to a manager in person - face to face about what I was about to do and if they wanted to change things, this was their shot. Ended up getting a hold to one of the owners and they "twisted Honda's arm" back into getting them to cover the parts and I was once again responsible for the labor portion but he would try to discount it as much as possible.

I ended up paying the $750 (a discounted rate evidently, even though thats what I was quoted at the first time) and they gave me a $100 gift card to spend there, but couldn't be spent on the repair itself. I'm tired of the whole deal. I'm glad i've got my quad back now and can atleast ride.

What they said was wrong with it and WHY:
They said, it wasn't leaking, it wasn't smoking... so where does the oil go?! They said out the crank case breather, because its a high performance 4 stroke, it blows oil out that way. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but i'll sure be keeping an eye on it. They were acting like one day of HARD riding, could blow enough oil out of the crank case breather to make the oil level THAT low. I really find that hard to believe but whatever... well maybe if they forgot to put the rings on the piston...

At home - safe in the garage...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
217 Posts
Having her back is always a great feeling. Congrats:hey:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes More videos to come! Get ready guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts