Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried them this Sunday whilst racing a 3 hour enduro.
I waited for results as this is a confirmation on a product I try.
And well ! Remington Steel is right, Josh really knows his stuff and built a really good product. I would use great but that would be comparing them to PEP PB1's.

I did the scientific evaluation and seemed stiff at first. (Pushing on the grab bar ). Put the compression adjusters at 1 turn in. My mistake.

This is a primary evaluation as my front Elka's turned into po-go sticks 20mins into the race.

The Wiigstyle modded rear stockers performed really well and better than expected for the price. There were predictiable and I managed to make them bottom out a couple of times but inspired confidence and I got a 5th the hard way. The track was 5 miles long and with no rest time except a 400 yd strip in one of the woods sections. Those who race will know what I mean. The rest of you ,this a place where you can relax at race pace .
I am impressed and wish Josh wasn't 3000 miles away , so I could send my front Elka's in.
All in all , I am comparing the "Lazy" stock shocks to the Wiigstyle modified stock rears and I really do like them and for the money I ain't complaining.

I'll sort out the front Elka's and post after my next race on September 4th.
Thanks Remington Steel for suggesting Josh and Thanks Josh, You did a good job. :tup:
P.S. Don't lie about your rider weight , I do for most shock builders for some great shocks but this time . I did not lie and gave Josh my true weight and it has been the closest yet. :D
The Brit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Baxter,

What kind of service did you have done to them? Is it a dual rate conversion or a revalve and respring? Any pictures to post?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baxter,

What kind of service did you have done to them? Is it a dual rate conversion or a revalve and respring? Any pictures to post?
I had the full works , revalve , dual rate springs and the compression adjuster added.
I have pics and will show them fitted , gimme 5 mins.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice review, did you ever feel that you needed rebound adjustment too? And what was wrong with the Elkas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Some people might not understand the stress that I went thru making sure everything was spot on for Baxter. Considering he is 3000 miles away and all I was double checking everything and triple checking to make sure everything was race ready.

I do have my own modified shocks that were the first and have since been used and abused. But, Baxter was the first customer and I thank him for that.

If anyone needs there rear shocks set-up I offer a revalve, respring, rebuild for the rears for all weights and riding styles. Please pm me here for any questions or call me at 712-621-5191.

Thank you.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
glad to hear you are happy with them! i knew josh would take care of you. "hey josh wheres my kickback???"lol

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice review, did you ever feel that you needed rebound adjustment too? And what was wrong with the Elkas?
The valving was spot on I didn't miss having a rebound adjuster.
Took the Elka's off tonite and I think I have blown the bladder or piston seals . They are stage 1 fronts and both shocks have air or nitrogen in the main chamber .
First 11/2" shaft movement is with no resistance the it hit the oil and goes to normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts