Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Guys is the hero 2 hd cam worth it?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
Do you guys think it's worth investing in???:confused:

#2 ·
I do! I dont have the hero 2 but would of paid the same price for the Hd hero, in fact I did till seller refunded me some cash. I bought a week b4 Hero 2 came out, I wish I knew it was even coming out back then. Just look at the specs, 120 fps 11 meg still photos. Thats more than twice the camera the hd hero is. for a few more dollars.

#3 ·
I have Hd hero for a couple years now and I am satisfied with its performance. Looking at the specs on hero 2 if I had the extra cash I would pick one up.

#5 ·
You wont be sorry. Which kit did you go with, I got the Motorsport version. In the mean time you need to think about your mount location. I used one of the curved mounts for the top of my helmet. And recently I order'd the chest mount harness, haven't used it it. And you should know the editing s/ware is not included with camera. I have had no luck finding s/ware I can use, except for windows live movie maker.

#7 ·
I got some "ram" mounts that you can mount to the atv for some cool angles. Just search ram mount.

#8 ·
I bought one of these over the winter also. I just had the standard def one before this so its a huge upgrade for me. Havent had a chance to take it out yet but we should be making some sweet vids this summer!

#9 ·
I just ordered one too. I'm gonna make a short film with it. Well not the entire film, just the quad scenes. Should be here tomorrow.

Shonie

#14 ·
I am trying to decide between Liquid Image impact series goggles (720p) and the GoPro hero hd. Any ideas on which one to go for ?

#15 ·
thats a hard decision, but i think mostly personal preference. i bought the gopro hero2. if scratch the lens just change it. 19.99 for 2 glass replacement lens. and it is more versatile as far as mounting in various places. ha ha i used some big words lol

#17 ·
Cheers buddy, ordered the Liquid Image goggles. That way ,you see the race as I see it. The standard Gopro is shot , cuts out after a minute and due to GoPro doing the HD2, No technical support. :tup: GoPro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.