Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are ya'll getting you HID kits from?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
TRX700XX,
I'm glad you brought up this subject. I've thought about one of those lights for my machine but I don't know whether the electrical system on the XX will support the current requirements along with the regular lighting system. Hopefully someone on this forum has some experience in this area.:eek:hno:
Sid

·
Registered
287 Posts
hid lights pull less amps than reg lights!!! Stock stator is like 225 or 250 watts!! I run 2- 4" hid's and stock light, Matlock runs 2- 8" hid's and stock!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
HID's use 35w each to run (unless you get the 55w kit, but those will probably melt our headlight housings). Startup will draw more, but that's what the battery is for.

And DDM makes decent stuff and is cheap.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 2011 model takes a H13. I'm still seeing if the 09-10's use the same.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Okay, looks like the older ones use the 880 bulb size.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ok cool thanks will have to order some!! Might order some for my 700 also, I have both hi/low wired together helps alot!!

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks because i have a dealer for HIDs but he cannot get a hold of the H6M bulb ours needs. Is anyone running the 55w set up?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Personally I wouldn't because we have plastic housings and 55W HID's are known to melt plastic housings. My buddy has 55W's in his F250 and they are bright as hell.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
the 35w bulbs are plenty bright enough

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh well i found some on another website i found some bi-xenon bulbs which is 35w dims and 55w brights.... we will see how they work out!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Then they aren't HID.

HID's only have a single wattage ballast.

The only halogens I've seen are 55w low 60w high. That is why HID's are popular because they only pull 35w and give more light.

If you get a hi/low HID kit it doesn't change the brightness or power any, it just activates a little solenoid on the back of the bulb to tilt the bulb in the housing to reflect it upwards to see more.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Then they aren't HID.

HID's only have a single wattage ballast.

The only halogens I've seen are 55w low 60w high. That is why HID's are popular because they only pull 35w and give more light.

If you get a hi/low HID kit it doesn't change the brightness or power any, it just activates a little solenoid on the back of the bulb to tilt the bulb in the housing to reflect it upwards to see more.
:stupid:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wanna bet? The bulb has multiple stages low (35w for mine) and straight beam (55w for mine).... and BTW the ballast are multi-staged ballast

Google quote: "Bi-xenon refers to HID (High Intensity Discharge) Xenon headlights that offer both low (dipped) and high (main) beam lighting from a dual headlight system (as opposed to a quad headlight system).

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do I need to go hook up my HID's that are for sale and show the bulb move?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i know i am not a expert but i spoke to the makers and asked about the bulb moving and the said no that is a different style

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.