Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
powermadd or acerbis uniko is the way I would go. As soon as I get the funds I want to get the Acerbis Uniko. Any body knows if they would fit with renthal standard bars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the best way to remove the factory bar end insert? I like the idea of using the Acerbis bar end mounting set up.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think I used a hammer and vice grips but I am sure there is a better method. I took the stock end off, screwed the bolt back in partially, pecked on it a couple of times with the hammer, clamped down on it with the vise grips and pulled and beat the insert out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
rockymountain has the best deal on those I believe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Powermadd seems to be the popular choice on this forum. I just purchased a set of Acerbis handguards myself. Great quality, but haven't tested them out yet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I ordered Acerbis Uniko with the aluminum kit to fit my renthal handle bars. I called rocky ahead of time and they assured me that it would fit my renthal bars with the kit I bought. I went to fit them and the handle bar inserts didn't fit. Does anyone know the inside diameter of bar end? I know tusk makes a universal bar insert. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=69&navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webCatId=12&keyword=TUSK+BAR+INSET&prodFamilyId=9587
But not sure if they will fit. If anyone knows of any that will fit I would greatly appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
powermadd or sled gloves work great

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
So I ordered Acerbis Uniko with the aluminum kit to fit my renthal handle bars. I called rocky ahead of time and they assured me that it would fit my renthal bars with the kit I bought. I went to fit them and the handle bar inserts didn't fit. Does anyone know the inside diameter of bar end? I know tusk makes a universal bar insert. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...d=12&keyword=TUSK+BAR+INSET&prodFamilyId=9587
But not sure if they will fit. If anyone knows of any that will fit I would greatly appreciate the help.
I had to drill mine out a bit when I switched bars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I ordered Acerbis Uniko with the aluminum kit to fit my renthal handle bars. I called rocky ahead of time and they assured me that it would fit my renthal bars with the kit I bought. I went to fit them and the handle bar inserts didn't fit. Does anyone know the inside diameter of bar end? I know tusk makes a universal bar insert. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=69&navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webCatId=12&keyword=TUSK+BAR+INSET&prodFamilyId=9587
Got tusk handle bar inserts and they fit great! I cut the rubber off and they went right in. Hanguards don't move at all! The Tusk inserts are tapered out at the end so the more you tighten the bolt in, the more inserts push outward inside handle bars. Only cost 8 bucks. Will be getting ODI grips with refund on Acerbis crap hardware kit that cost 23 bucks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.