Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will using handguards help with keeping my hands warmer in colder weather? I know they are made for protection mostly, and I don't really think those big oven mitts would be all that great to ride with. Just wondering how to keep my hands warmer without wearing big bulky gloves for the upcoming colder weather - any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The handguards do help a little. The oven mitts ain't bad, but the don't fit over some handguards. I used a set 1 year. A good set of warm light weight gloves that block the wind are your best bet. The heated grips are sweet too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I run Powermadd handgaurds all the time and I don't think they do anything for me in the cold, just to small to really be of any help. Got set of these a couple of years ago:

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog....level4=1801&product_group_id=7260&startPage=1

Look kind of goofy but they work great and keep my hands much warmer. Just run them over my Powermadd guards. The inside has a velcro strap that wraps around the bars while the outside I just use a zip-ty to attach to the handgaurd.

Doug

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
holy shit they make a huge diffeance u will never regreat getin them.... ever

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
handguards wont help with the coldness... at the end of the day, your hands are still exposed!...
when its 30 or less out they help alot.... trust me frost bite ain't fun

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The moose liner like Bergstrom posted helps especially when you ride behind people and they are kicking up mud and snow. I can't think of the company but they are sell them at all my winter harescramble races, but they make a set like the moose ones only bigger. You could do heated grips. What I do during my winter mud scrambles is get some rubber gloves (like what Dr.s wear) and get next to a heater w/ my regular riding gloves, get them all toasty along w/ my hands all nice and toasty, right before the race. Once everything is toasty, I slip on the rubber gloves and then immediately the riding gloves. IDK why but for some reason this helps a lot but you have to be sure to keep moving, b/c w/ the rubber gloves you will work up some sweat in there and if you sit around and not do anything, you will eventually get cold, this causing the sweat to litterally want to freeze on ur hands. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i mealted the back part of my sled glove's on my pipe

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
have to do what I can :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts