Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Handguards???

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  av8r 
#1 ·
Any suggestions of a set of good handquards? I would like to get the kind that clamps to the bar and comes around and goes in the end of the handlebar. I want a pair that will block a good tree branch to the nuckles, but won't move around if I were to hit something harder. Any opinions of "Tusk D-Flex" handguards? I am open for suggestiions. I still have the stock bars, so help me out.
:confused:

#2 ·
PowerMadd all the way

fit perfect, sturdy, removable vent covers, had em for about a year now, they are still in excellent shape and have taken many a blow from trees and bushes, rocks and mud.

#14 · (Edited)
fit perfect, sturdy, removable vent covers, had em for about a year now, they are still in excellent shape and have taken many a blow from trees and bushes, rocks and mud.
Can you guys that have these please take some photos of how you mounted these? I put a set on tonight and the clutch side just didn't fit for crap. I had to turn the clutch lever way down towards the ground. They look OK, but not what I expected.

thanks

#4 ·
Sunline and MSR also make some mad barkbusters.

#5 · (Edited)
Powermadd has these as an option.

#7 ·
#11 ·
Yes they do! I have powermadd handguards with the Rox bracket and the handwraps with ODI grips, no problems.

#13 ·
Acedrbis Unikos look pretty good on the 700. I had them on my Raptor, and now on the 700 and Tecate

#16 · (Edited)
I mounted mine much closer to the bar ends as mounting them that far over left my hands exposed. I moved the clutch perch over to the right and put the mount in between the controls and the perch. Can you shoot a pic of the throttle side also? Are yours mounted the same distance from the bar ends on each side? I see you used the large spacer to move yours a little further over to the ends. The instructions mentioned that not used the spacer is the most rigid mounting position. Any issues with flex on yours? I was going to get the Moose wrap arounds, but I'd like to leave the bar end weights in-tact for now.

thanks

#17 · (Edited)
the clutch side is about 3/4" in from the other side... and i'll admit when i first put them on i was a little worried about my hand being exposed, cause like you said it looks like one is leaving ones hand out for damage. but after having them on and not adjustin them since install (over a year now), i havent taken any hits on my hands, so i upgraded my thought on fit from doubtful to perfect. havent noticed any problems with flex, cant say they dont flex as im not really watchin, but theyre not bent or falling off and they look like they did when i put them on, so id say flex isnt an issue for me.

heres the throttle side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.