Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Garmin makes one and you can buy it on Amazon. Look under handheld gps accessories

·
Registered
170 Posts
Our team uses the Garmin Legend HCX. You want to make sure if you mount it to your quad you protect it from vibration. The problem with the hard handlebar mounts is that they allow the vibration to travel up to the GPS. We use a thick foam barpad from Renthal and cut out an area for the GPS and hold it in with zip-ties. The foam soaks up the vibration and the GPS keeps on working.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Our team uses the Garmin Legend HCX. You want to make sure if you mount it to your quad you protect it from vibration. The problem with the hard handlebar mounts is that they allow the vibration to travel up to the GPS. We use a thick foam barpad from Renthal and cut out an area for the GPS and hold it in with zip-ties. The foam soaks up the vibration and the GPS keeps on working.
That's the one I use and it does turn itself once in awhile due to vibration since I'm using their clamp.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a garmin 60csx Trying figure out what mount I wanna use. I like the idea of the foam pad thanks J caster, maybe also 550 cord it to handlebars incase it somehow slips out?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Have heard nothing but good things on the Ram mounts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
A gps is a good idea but they still get confused at night in the sand dunes when your on trails and around trees LOL was lost for about 5-10 mins but after got out in the open the Garmin 60csx Easily found the way back, im never lost unless it is at night and usually someone else started out in the lead....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does it work at sand dunes etc? thats the only place me or the garmin gets messed up. I used matlock racing suggestion, the foam bar pad and zip ties

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Not sure, only did it for some speed runs down the road. The foam pad and zip ties sound like a good idea to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.