Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a trailtech riser with indicator lights on the plastic shroud. I have tried some Pro Taper Raptor bends and was to high. The brake lines and electrical lines were way to tight when it was turned all the way. I now have a set of trail tech mid bends and its way to short. Trail tech is sending me a set of high bends for free but they are less then a inch higher. Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
CJ

·
Registered
734 Posts
Are you able to reroute your cables and hoses? how much rise do the TT risers have?

·
Registered
375 Posts
So I have a trailtech riser with indicator lights on the plastic shroud. I have tried some Pro Taper Raptor bends and was to high. The brake lines and electrical lines were way to tight when it was turned all the way. I now have a set of trail tech mid bends and its way to short. Trail tech is sending me a set of high bends for free but they are less then a inch higher. Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
CJ
I have the TrailTech ATV Mid Bend and it's pretty close to stock. For winter I run the TUSK Chub in the CR bend.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yah you have to reroute the cables if your changing to a higher then stock setup. I had to when I did the trail tech risers and flex bars.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well how are you rerouting them? There is only so many places you can reroute them? I took them out of the retaining clips that were built onto the frame, but that didn't seem to help. The TT riser raises it pretty high. The TT mid bend seems to be kind of shorter. I actually compared it to a set of stock ones last week and you can see a big difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ca't seem to fnd any measurements on the Tusk CHubb bars. Any idea's?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Should be a zip tie down below the clips. Those should free up some more slack. Also once your done check your steering full left to right. Your throttle cable and brake line need to be secured also

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe I did undo that zip tie, but when I put my new plastics on Iw ill double check that

·
Registered
425 Posts
well if you zoom in on the pic, the right side i routed the line behind the brake line. the other side had plenty of slack. But yah you can see how high my setup is. Im a tall rider, and riding position is very important IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats actually interesting. I would be worried that the lines may get snagged on tree branches. I may actually consider rerouting them that way. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
i dont encounter too many trees here in vegas...but yah route them along the break and clutch lines would be the best bet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts