Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hangtown is a AMA national track and has never allowed ATVs... until yesterday. Some friends from Nor-Cal ATV managed to rent the track for an afternoon. It was quite hot (over 100) and the heat and my heart problems did not make for a good combo, so I only got a few laps and just 7 pics when I wasn't on the track myself.

roadkill

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sweet ive seen just about every ama pro national that has been run there on video, but that track was designed for mx bikes, dont you think its jumps is too much for an atv?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet ive seen just about every ama pro national that has been run there on video, but that track was designed for mx bikes, dont you think its jumps is too much for an atv?
The gang of idiots I ride with didn't have any problems with the jumps at all... clearing the gap between doubles and not landing on the flat on the uphill tabletop... some that didn't try to clear the gaps on doubles and took each jump as a separate jump. But then, some of my friends race the WORCS series, SCCS and QuadX and are not strangers to MX tracks that were designed for dirt bikes.

roadkill

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The gang of idiots I ride with didn't have any problems with the jumps at all... clearing the gap between doubles and not landing on the flat on the uphill tabletop... some that didn't try to clear the gaps on doubles and took each jump as a separate jump. But then, some of my friends race the WORCS series, SCCS and QuadX and are not strangers to MX tracks that were designed for dirt bikes.

roadkill
nice i know some of them jumps must be tough on an atv, but if you got the suspension for it thats even better!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now this looks fun.... geez why do I live on this coast again????
Nor Cal isn't exactly friendly to ATVs as far as tracks and race series are concerned... the tracks are ruled by the dirt bikes. As for race series... WORCS is 5 different western states and even the races in Cal are in So Cal not Nor Cal. QuadX is in So Cal and Arizona. Only SCCS offers a series that's actually local for each round and SCCS is XC and only for ATVs.
Here, ATVs can rent a track (MX) and practice... But, practice for what?

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts