X

·
Registered
121 Posts
Happy birthday have a great one

·
Registered
788 Posts
Happy Birfday. Hope you have a good time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey all...thanks for the birthday wishes. Day started out wonderfully. Had breakfast with a few friends and then hit the trails. Went wonderfully until about 4pm. One of our less experienced friends took a trail she shouldn't have taken with her level of experience. To make a long story short, she got stuck in a rut, punched it too hard to try and get out of the rut and tipped the quad on top of her. The handle bars crushed her chest. We carried her out until we could get a truck to meet us. Brought her to the hospital and she is in critical condition. Injuries we know for sure include collapsed lung, broken collarbone and ribs. They could not however get her breathing under control so the had to take her by ambulance to a bigger city with more specialized doctors.

Just got home from the hospital and am going to try and sleep for a few hours now.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry to hear that Amanda. Happy belated BDAY by the way. Hope everything turns out okay.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the birthday wishes again. You guys are awesome! Latest update I have on my friend is that she is stable now but still in intensive care. But looking better than last night THANK GOD.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Thanks for the birthday wishes again. You guys are awesome! Latest update I have on my friend is that she is stable now but still in intensive care. But looking better than last night THANK GOD.
Glad to hear that your friend is doing better now. I wish a speedy recovery for her and hope this does not sour her on riding. Skill level aside... anyone can wreck. My riding friend (sick skills) is still down after crashing and having to be airlifted out.

roadkill

·
Registered
294 Posts
Glad to hear that your friend is doing better now. I wish a speedy recovery for her and hope this does not sour her on riding. Skill level aside... anyone can wreck. My riding friend (sick skills) is still down after crashing and having to be airlifted out.

roadkill
Yah, I know. This trail however she should have stayed off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.